G-Force Tranny in a 94-95

Nobody said:
Since this topic is still going, I figured I'd share an in-car vid to show what it sounds and shifts like.

Please right click & save:
http://www.zerort.com/mustang/G-Force_Short_Final.wmv

So it still shifts like a stock one looks like? just has added sounds which appears to be really loud, and i thought my stock T-5 was loud enough since my shifter install, which shifter do u have?

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
wow that sounds really cool. I like how it just "clicks" into gear like that. Is it due more to your shifter or the G-Force?

It's cool that you can notice that on the vid. Yes, the GF clicks into gear. I thought it may be just the fact that it's still being broken in but at 400 miles, it still "clicks". :nice:

igotyofire said:
So it still shifts like a stock one looks like? just has added sounds which appears to be really loud, and i thought my stock T-5 was loud enough since my shifter install, which shifter do u have?

It does shift just like stock, in fact, it's easier than my 106k mile stock T5 was. I have a Tri-Ax shifter. With the old tranny, I had to have the shift handle in the upper position for extra leverage to shift. With the GF, was able to move the handle down to the lower position.

The GF is loud. For comparison, I have a catted x-pipe and 2 chamber Flowmasters. The stereo doesn't drown out the tranny until it's loud enough to drown out the exhaust note.

i think im convinced once my tranny goes, I hate how people complain about the case not being strong enough, most of us daily drive are cars or have whats considered street cars, So most would not even have an issue with a case failure. But i remember a post somewhere saying its not that secure and moves around a bit

WhiteDevil said:
Wow that is kinda a lot of tranny noise. And this is typical of all Gforce T-5s

The straighter the gears are cut, the louder they will be. Some say that the GF is about as loud as reverse gear. For people with louder cars, they wouldn't notice as much of a difference. I have a pretty mild exhaust setup.

igotyofire said:
I thought straight cut gears dont sync well also? so shifting would be more notchy

Correct. Full-on straight cut gears don't use synchronizers. The GF helical cut gears are "straighter" cut than the stock T5 gears (less of an angle to them) therefore, they are louder than stock but not as loud as straight cut gears.

igotyofire said:
i think im convinced once my tranny goes, I hate how people complain about the case not being strong enough, most of us daily drive are cars or have whats considered street cars, So most would not even have an issue with a case failure. But i remember a post somewhere saying its not that secure and moves around a bit

Like i said earlier in this post, tremec cases are more of a trouble than stock t-5 cases. Its not the case that causes breakage, its the mainshaft and clusters inside that flex when u start making good power. Tony at astro said he has more trouble with tremec cases than t-5s especially with the g force upgrade. He sells both too. I guess its just another "internet rumor" :shrug:

I guess I was lucky had no problems with my 3550, I think they are the same as the TKO (TKO shaft bigger). I do miss third from time to time but I think that is me. Did the install by my self (wife did run the jack), and I went from an auto to the 3550.

The G-force is not as loud as reverse and if you cruise around in 4th its pretty much silent since that direct drive. 5th is as quiet as stock cuz you reuse the stock 5th gear (unless you opt for a different 5th ratio). So really 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are the only loud ones. It wont annoy you on the highway any more than stock for the reasons mentioned above. Also, for reference I cruise at about 80mph at 2000 rpm w/ a 3.55 rear end with the .59 (stock gear) 5th. I can pretty much double my city gas milage on the highway. But that also has to due with the lack of a tune. But you get the idea. :nice: