G-Tech?

Mach428

Dec 7, 2003
I was just wondering if any of you had a G-Tech, if so I have a couple of questions. Is it acurate? Is it hard to install? How much was it? Where did you buy it?

• Sponsors (?)

newer unit is $249.99 retail, try ebay for cheaper (used). It is VERY EASY to install. All you have to do is plug it into your cig. lighter and follow a few instructions. The manual is about 50 pages but you don't really need it. The screen tells you everything. I would recommend it if you are going to continue mods and need a shift light. If not then I would not buy it. 96&01Stang is right (it's accurate but off on the mph). My friend has mine right now but I will try to compare my dyno numbers with it sometime in the near future.

The older model can be bought real cheap (under $50)

I got a gtech pro on ebay for $49 seems pretty good. As for the mph being off, I got this off of their website

Why is my G-TECH/Pro consistently 2-3 mph above the track?

G-TECH/Pro is a very accurate machine, and the trap speed result that you get from the G-TECH/Pro is actually more accurate than the racetrack. Reason is that the racetrack averages your speed over a 60 feet stretch between two beams and G-TECH/Pro measures your speed at the exact 1/4 mile point.

I have some experience with using the G-tech Pro.It is actually pretty good,but I have a friend that bought one after he tried mine.His was around a 1/2 second out compared to mine, and the mph was about 4mph higher.He sent it back and his new one is the same as mine.[plugging his into the cig and mine into the aux and using both at the same time] I used mine at the track and it was reading a smidge quicker than the actual times [.03] I'm guessing this was because I never set the G-tech to record a reaction time. Mph was the same but for 1 run which was 3mph out.Even the goofy G-tech that was not accurate seemed consistant, witch lets you know if your latest mods have helped or not, and helps to perfect your launch and the best rpm to shift.
Just my 2cents

I have both, the Competition model is awesome. The other one isn't really worth getting, it's too hard to level properly. The Competition model logs -ALL- sorts of cool stuff. RPM vs time, Speed vs time, all sorts of great stuff. It has reaction time, staging lights, even a shift light :)

And like jstreet said, it's because the Gtech is MORE accurate than the drag strip. The drag strip averages your speed at the end, Gtech is instantaneous.

I have one and I think it works just fine. It sounds like people have problems with the mph being off. To fix that you just have to change the weight of the car setting. A far as leveling goes it is not that hard at all. Maybe on the old one it was hard. Just follow the arrows that are on the display, piece of cake. I have found it to be very accurate on the the 1/8 mile but that is all that I have tried it on besides the street. The road has to be perfectly flat for it to be accurate. gt-tech.com is where I got mine. You'll love it dude!

sizleen said:
I have one and I think it works just fine. It sounds like people have problems with the mph being off. To fix that you just have to change the weight of the car setting. A far as leveling goes it is not that hard at all. Maybe on the old one it was hard. Just follow the arrows that are on the display, piece of cake. I have found it to be very accurate on the the 1/8 mile but that is all that I have tried it on besides the street. The road has to be perfectly flat for it to be accurate. gt-tech.com is where I got mine. You'll love it dude!
The old one you physically had to level it... It was hard to level it right. Plus, if you didn't aim it properly (parallel with the car) you could get incorrect readings. the Competition model is awesome, I think it has 3 gyro's so it auto levels and does everything itself. As long as you enter the right weight and do it on a really flat surface. I love it but haven't been able to use it much. The land here isn't that flat. I went to the dragstrip with the Competition model, but I didn't get to race that night. :mad: Next season.

I use my Competition to work on my 60 ft times. Plus I use the Shift lights since with 4.10s and 548 at the rear I get to the REV LIM fast.

See my SIG, I need heavy work on my 60 ft time.

John

99CobraJMS said:
I use my Competition to work on my 60 ft times. Plus I use the Shift lights since with 4.10s and 548 at the rear I get to the REV LIM fast.

See my SIG, I need heavy work on my 60 ft time.

John
Has reaction time too, it's so cool :)
I figured if I was going to get a shift light for $80+ anyways, I'd invest more and just get the Gtech which does all that coooool logging stuff.
:banana: