Gained 25rwhp and 3rwtq at peak from cam swap

• Sponsors (?)

droptopponynj said:
Its because its untuned...comp 262's are designed to work in the lower/middle power range. So right now his powerband is like that of a more aggressive cam like a VTst 2.
Hey droptop, was there any reason why you chose Comp Cams over going with the VT cams?

HoustonGT said:
Hey droptop, was there any reason why you chose Comp Cams over going with the VT cams?

Well honestly it was because VT was out of stock last year when I ordered these. Another reason was that these cams are blower friendly and i'll be slapping on some boost eventually. Plus @ 100 dollars cheaper. If I was going to just stay N/A i would have waited for the VT II N/A cams. Although the Comp 270ah's are just as good IMO.

mineralgraygt said:
damn really i always though you had too. cool i was thinking of getting them but kinda didnt want to change my springs. you guys got any sound clips of the 262s i have yet to hear them
what part of NJ you in? you can here mine in person in about a month when the weather gets nicer.

mineralgraygt said:
damn really i always though you had too. cool i was thinking of getting them but kinda didnt want to change my springs. you guys got any sound clips of the 262s i have yet to hear them
i can try and make another video here soon.

03gt thanks. yes your right, i would probably make 300 hp with with different cams.

dont get me wrong im extreamly with the my set up. i just had to sacrfice a bit for the future blower.

ill tell you guys what though. i hope fox lake knows exactly what custom cams they gave me and all the specs because if anything goes wrong i want the exact same ones.

i did before and after dynos. i expected to loose power down low just like every other cam set up. not only didnt i lose in the low rpm range i gianed from 3000 rpm and up. i love my cams. here are som of my older numbers when i did the swap.

this is before and after of the heads and cams.

3200- 145/236...........152/250 +7/14

4000- 210/274...........225/295 +15/21

4500- 233/274...........256/299 +23/25

5000- 241/253...........271/285 +30/32

5500- 232/220...........275/261 +43/41

5900- 221/193...........269/237 48/44

i was looking over my numbers and yours, and man cars man these cars must really take to mods differently. first off i dont know what mods you had before the cams, but it couldnt have been much more then i had. i assumed they were about the same mod wise.

before the came your power was way over mine, your numbers didnt even drop off in the higher rpms which is strange. then we both did cams and the numbers evened up alot. however i saw much higher gains before and after.....not sure why. i guess because you started with much higher hp, so you didnt pick up as much as me.

after cams my low end is better then yours but 5000 rpm and up you really eat me up. i think this is due to the tune. i was tuned after the cams.

after youe tune the numbers might change some and you will gain low end.

you will love l/t. i put them in after this stuff, and there was a nice gain in peak hp and lowend tq. get them:nice:

csledd said:
I was just looking at how you have lost power until 4500 rpms, I bet when you get it tuned it'll help that out

That's exactly what I was thinking. Once tuned, the new cams should begin to overtake the old ones by 3000rpm. (Unless the cams are full race only which I do not believe they are.)