GAS LEAK????

1qckFOX

Jan 1, 2004
Ok i was driving my car around today in 100 degree weather :notnice: and all of a sudden i smell gas. I pull over and on the right side of them bumper i see something dripping. Looked like water but i smelled it and it was gas. IrTlooks likes it draining from a little tube that comes from (i don't know what it's called) the place where you put the gas. Maybe it's the weather?

• Sponsors (?)

The tube would be called the filler neck hehe.. and its probably leaking from the seal where the tube goes into the gas tank.. they also dry out and rott and just start to leak after time.. the part is only like $5-$10 but you'll have to drop the tank to replace it..

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I got this tube of stuff thats kind like silicone because it gets firm but can still bend and flex. Make sure that is is leakproof to gasoline and all that good stuff. Then just add an even coat of it around that area that is leaking. To see where is is leaking from, just fill the tank and you can push down on the back of the car and see where is comes out. It took about 15 min for it to dry and it hasnt leaked since. Or you could just replace the whole fitting, shouldnt be to hard.