Gas pedal sticking

• Sponsors (?)

o boy...my friend had this prob...when u would go to leave form a stop it was inpossible to NOT rev it to 3000....his TB spring was mangled looking but operated fine....we cleaned it up, lubed and greased everything-maybe liek 20% better but still a PITA, then he had the throttle cable replaced...Sorta helped...maybe another 25% better on top of that...so now it was ok to drive but still stuck...so he had another TB laying around and we slapped that on and that cured the remaining 50%, and now its perfectly smooth.....
but u may want to just lube it and check the cable for any kinks or anywhere where it may be pinched. Good luck. let us know anything else

Pull the cable off the TB and operate it by hand. If it seems free the cable is your prob... I am guessing maybe the cable has frayed in the housing over the years, I have had this happen, scary. Just know to kill the ignition if the car accerates out of control ever. I would not drive it till I knew it was right. Too much of a risk, you could hit and kill someone.