Cleaning cylinders of old gas

The bar harbor freight sells is perfectly fine . First one I ever did was like 4-5 hours with the bar no problem

No reason to pull the engine .

• Sponsors (?)

I have two floor jacks so I put one on each side of the stock k-member, unbolted it, and lower it down a little at a time on each one. Placed the tubular on the floor jacks, lifted it, and bolted it in. With one floor jack it will want to roll to the back so you would have to get creative but not impossible. My two floor jacks are a regular one and then a smaller one that I use just for general maintenance. The stock k-member weighs right at 50 pounds and depending on which tubular k-member you install they can weigh anywhere from 10 to 15 pounds less.

I have two floor jacks so I put one on each side of the stock k-member, unbolted it, and lower it down a little at a time on each one. Placed the tubular on the floor jacks, lifted it, and bolted it in. With one floor jack it will want to roll to the back so you would have to get creative but not impossible. My two floor jacks are a regular one and then a smaller one that I use just for general maintenance. The stock k-member weighs right at 50 pounds and depending on which tubular k-member you install they can weigh anywhere from 10 to 15 pounds less.
The BMR I’m going to get is only 20 pounds (plus add separate spring perches) Seems pretty light but I really like the quality of all my other BMR components and BMR consistently has good reviews. The premium k member is like $530 and 33 lbs with perches. I thought about it but I don’t plan on making 1000 hp. I would like to supercharge it sometime tho.

If you plan on driving the car on the street I would look at the premium unit. In the past some of the lighter tubular k-members have had issues with cracking on the street.

If you plan on driving the car on the street I would look at the premium unit. In the past some of the lighter tubular k-members have had issues with cracking on the street.
I haven’t seen a k member crack in a LONG time . Think that’s a thing of the past . I have a UPR moly k member in my car for 5 years now .

Trips to manhattan , Brooklyn etc . Which are some of the worst roads

I got the upgraded version to be sure. I planned on getting that in the first place but decided to look at one a little cheaper. Although with the spring perches it’s an $80 difference for peace of mind.

Michigan roads are terrible too. Construction in the same places every year, same s**t roads

Last edited: