gastank won't fill up???????

FFR snakeman

Jul 1, 2002
virginia
the last couple times i fill up the hose clickes off and i stop but when i get in the car it is only 3/4 full, didn't think anything the first time but has happened every time now.
any ideas as to what is going on????????? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You could search for an old thread that deals with this problem. In brief, for Mustangs built before 4/26/05, you can get the fuel tank replaced per TSB 05-15-12. For Mustangs built after that date, TSB 06-3-13 applies. That tells you to use a different filling station fuel pump.

I was having this problem for quite some time. I finally found a pump that seems to agree with my car.

Good luck!

First try another pump. I had this happen, wnet to another pump and it fixed it. Also there is a vent for the fuel tank, alot of times a spider will make a web and clog that vent. This will cause the pump to keep stopping.

Trying a different pump and using the first detent has worked for me. It only adds maybe a minute or so to your fillup. Only a few times early on owning the car it stopped without completely filling. Now it hasn't happened this year I don't recall.