Gauge cage in the AC vents, PITA?

silverlx5.0

Sep 23, 2003
Houston
OK, how hard is it to put the gauges in the AC vents (93 LX) with the cage from Autometer? Do you have to go into the dash to get the lines through the AC hoses that go to the dash to hook up the gauges? I'm trying to find out what all is required from this install, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

depends on if your running mech. or electric gagues in those pods. I have two mech and one elec. gauge in mineand it wasnt to hard to install just have to take your time. I also didnt have that hard of a time because i dont have AC in my car so i had pulled out all the AC venting in the front. But if your running AC and have a mech. gauge in there i could see it being a PITA.

ryan

simple as cake..go for it :nice:....only thing i reccommend is they say to cut teh left side of the heater vent inside...dont ignore this, do it...reason beingso u have more room to rum wires/cables/tubes down the left side. and if u look to down to the left on teh metal bralet there is a little screw sticking up..makes a B. E. A. UUUTIFUL ground lol..i used little hoop things that crimpo onto the end of the wires and slide them over the screw...then got something to homd it down..alothought they fit pretty snug at first. and for illumintation i ran teh white wires down to teh a/c controls (the blue wires with red stripes. good luck...post anymore ?s u have.