i want to get 3.73 gears and spedo gear
how much will it cost me
i cant do it so will have to take to a garage
what type of garage will need to do this
and how much parts cost?
how much labor cost?
total=? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

dont know about labor...the gears are prolly bout 175 and the speedo gear is cheap....if you have never set up a rearend i would suggest you take it to someone who has..JMO

Gears= around $150
Spedo Gear= around $10-$15
Labor= anywhere from $150-$300 or more depending where you bring it.

I would recommend someone that is close to you that is familiar with setting up gears. Someone that has done it before.

I paid about $500 total. I had the berrings all replaced because they were on thier way out. I should have had the traction-loc rebuilt also. Then it would have been a full rebuild. Setting up a rear end can be a pita, need the right tools and such. Next time I'll probally buy the tool and do it myself.

$200=Gears
$ 20=Speedo gear
$120=Ring and pinion install kit
$ 47=traction-lok rebuild kit
$200=labor
_______
$587 = Done and done right ! I would recommend the traction lok kit due to yours like most has seen better days.

What is it? What does it do?

They are the clutches that keep the tractionlok doing its job the right way. Basicly it kkeps both axles running together like a posi so when you peel out you don't do a one wheel peel. I had mine done it had 130,000 miles on them changed to 3.55's replaced the clutches in the traction lok and still can leave a posi dead on.

well thats what i will do thanks you all
and a happy posi day to you all
the other night coming home from hospital vistiting my newborn son in the nicu (premie) i did a nice posi strip about a lock from my house and when i pulled into my driveway a cop came running on foot with gun drawn yelling at me and my wife to get our hands up in my own driveway at 1am!
he would have bet his life that i was drunk but he lost and let us go. after he had 3 mp cars here and 2 of the department of defense cops here for what he called an UNSAFE START!
first 5.0 pulled over by cop on foot-sorta
turns out he lives around the corner and just got off shift and heard me and chased me down.
he was a total dick and i equally harrassed him untill being threatened with arrest for disorderly conduct?
passed his gay sobriety test and he left.
so i will need to make sure my posi works or trac loc is functioning for more late night burnouts :cheers:

Any of those prices you listed in or around maryland, i have a set of ford racing gears and trac-lok rebuild kit in my living room and i cant find anyone to do it. I called about 10 shops all of them just point me to another shop that they say does it but they dont. I did find two places that said that they would do it but it was 700 just for labor and bearings, the other place was 1400 for labor. I would rather let the gears sit in my room forever then pay some moron 700+ bucks to change them. If there is anyone in or around md that can do this or knows some that can do this it would be greatly appreciated.