Gear to fix speedo problems in PRE '99 stangs

• Sponsors (?)

jester805 said:
Does anyone know where I can get the little plastic gear for my transmission to correct the speedo after putting 4.10's in?? Or someone have the part number or anything? It's a '97 cobra.

Thanks

Can I ask why your going that route? I can't think of one person who is partial to the plastic gear bro. Everyone has pretty much used the DM SpeedCal. I would look online, do a google search.

Don't swap out your stock speedo gear! The "new" one will be off anyway and will be chewed up to nothing and possibly leave you stranded a few months down the road. Order the Dallas SpeedCal right away! I learned the hard way.

mrvax said:
Don't swap out your stock speedo gear! The "new" one will be off anyway and will be chewed up to nothing and possibly leave you stranded a few months down the road. Order the Dallas SpeedCal right away! I learned the hard way.

The same thing happened to me on my 96!!! The 23 tooth gear shredded itself along with the plastic drive gear in the transmission. If I were to do it again I would order the speedcal. It costs more upfront but might save you time and money down the road.