Getting a pair of new 351c 4v heads.

bswor

Nov 10, 2003
D1ZE-DA <- casting numbers, some one give me some info. I've been told there 351c cj heads? Paying $260 plus s/h so around $350? is this a good deal? They have been cleaned and magged and had a fresh 3 angle valve job.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

SadbutTrue said:
If they are complete its not horrible, i might try to haggle some. And you should be able to ship them for less, my friend shipped some iron big block mopar heads for about 52$ i believe, and the cleveland heads can't be much, if any, bigger than those.

Thats my thought although they are coming from CA to louisiana. Complete and ready to bolt on except rockers. Which i was planning on changing either way.

bswor said:
D1ZE-DA <- casting numbers, some one give me some info. I've been told there 351c cj heads? Paying $260 plus s/h so around $350? is this a good deal? They have been cleaned and magged and had a fresh 3 angle valve job.

Thanks.

You are going to need to pay for local machine shop services on them anyway, you don't want to buy heads from CA and bolt them on your nice motor without at least checking the quality of the shop. Example: I bought a set of 4v open ready to run heads with springs and all for my motor....dropped them off at my machine shop cause I wanted them port/polished so I asked them to check the work....I ended up with new springs and having to get the 3 angle re-done cause the valves weren't sealing....and the heads came direct from a machine shop in AZ to me in MD. If I had popped them onto my motor as is, I would have spend weeks trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to run right.