Getting it back together!!

Matts89Notch

Jan 26, 2007
Getting it back together!! pics..

:D Well after blowing my t-5 i have been slowly putting the car back together. Today I put in my new kc clutch and the bellhousing is back on. I painted the cover for the clutch cable to try clean it up a little....not much but it will add up in the end.:nice:

Today I also recived my new ss brake lines and pro 5.0 shifter......huge step up from the stock unit. I had to get some lock washers and a few new bolts for the bellhousing and starter which im about to do now. I just need to put in the new fork bearing and the fork.....Thats all I can do now untill wednesday when the new tranny shows up....I'm still waiting on a new tranny mount and my alum. driveshaft but I will put the stock stuff back on it untill that comes so I can get some miles on the tranny/clutch..

How much different will the car feel with the z spec tranny, new shifter, new ds, and new clutch over the factory stuff? When it's all said and done I'm going back to the strip for new times with my new mods and the one I have done since I was there last time and ran the crappy time in my sig....wish me luck...pics comming...

• Sponsors (?)

I got the new brake line on the car and that was pretty easy to do also. I put in the 2 new bolts for the bottom of the bell housing and found out that the lower hole for the starter motor was stripped out. So I have to get another longer bolt and a lock nut to keep it tight...Things seem to be going ok so far with no speedbumps.

Now I need to bleed the brake and wait.....pics comming...

That my friend is for the exhaust hangers on the h-pipe. Did ur car start out as a 4 banger, cause they had a single exhuast and as far as I know don't need the dual mount..You most likly have soild tranny/motor mounts, that will make the car vibrate a lot more..here is a pic with the h-pipe.:flag:

View attachment 370341

Oh yea this is my first time ever doing anything like this....I'm 20 and am only ASE cert. from high school. I'm not taking any auto classes in college. I was pretty much able to do all of this due to this site and from my friends help....I would of never been able to lift the tranny back up by myself.....

Thanks it's a good feeling doing it yourself.

I have a question though that I know has been beaten to death. I have no smog but I need to put in new vacuum lines, I have the lines but I don't know which I need and which are not needed.....

Yes sir I did not paint the car.....after college the car is getting a full make over..motor, complete body repair, prob a viper spec tranny, ect....everything, it will be my present to myself when I get my new job....

But on another note the car is pretty much done, just need to put in the new vac. lines, get the timming checked, break it in, and go to the track...more pics comming in the morn..