Getting prepared for PI headswap

• Sponsors (?)

98blackstallion said:
Guys help I cant get the damn power steering pully off the f'n pump what the hell am I supposed to do? Should I just drop the pump and leave the pulley on or what please help me!??
Yes, drop the entire pump. There are 3 or 4 bolts that hold it in place. I think you have to move part of the wire harness or something out of the way to get to the bolts.

edit...

There are several write ups floating around, I strongly suggest you print one out, it will help you out TONS....I also made a diagram of the Timing cover and poked holes for all the bolts.. Then slid the bolts into each hole they came out of so none of the bolts get mixed up.

98blackstallion said:
Well everything is going really well EXCEPT now i have got a stripped oil pan bolt! I have some really crappy luck when it comes to cars lol....Whats good way to fix this problem?
Why are you dropping your oil pan? If you're talking about the bottom bolt from the timing cover that goes into the oil pan then get a set of those vice grip plyers, can't remember what they are called exactly, sorry. Then clamp them down REAL tite and there ya go. Otherwise you can pick up a socket from sears that's made to remove striped bolts.

Yeah those are the bolts Im talking about....Oh hell no dropping the oil pan lol I have enough work to keep me entertained lol.. Yeah I was thikning about vise grips i'll have to try them in the morning because Ive worked on it about 6 hours today and I am tired of it for now lol...Tommorrow I'll be up early and more than likely work on it till dark and hopfully i will have it done and running. Youve been a big help Blev i really appreciate it...thankies :D

ok i know i need to loosen the exhaust manifold bolts because i cant get it in any other way. my question is HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GET TO THESE STUPID F'N BAST@RDS!!??? This car is about to piss me off and so is this damn dip stick problem. I have loosened the top 4 and the 1st bottom one but the other 3 are like impossible to get too....any help is appreciated

98blackstallion said:
anyone know the part number for the dipstick that comes in the ford head swap kit because mine just f'n broke and i have to get a new one now...i just love fords so much it hurts...

did you already have the dipstick tube for the windsor heads? if not now is the time to order it. I have already done a PI swap on my car but i got some P&P VT st2 windsor heads at a good price so i'm about to do it again so i'm reading your install closely...90ranger is a good person to ask about this swap..he gave me a part # for the windsor dipstick tube, i'll look it up for you.

actually I don't have that part #, give randy on Mod depot a call he will know exactly the part you need, When you get it post the part # if you don't mind....thanks...and good luck.

EDIT: i found this # on the boss 330 write up..... XR3Z6754BA dipstick tube for windsor head swap.

98blackstallion said:
yep ive come to the conclusion that i will drop the exhaust manifold and also have to remove the motor mount to access those bolts i need to loosen so I think i should have just pulled the motor instead of leaving it in the car.

I was thinking of pulling the motor this time also, but then I think if I do that I should buy a forged shortblock and built tranny to throw in at the same time. Damn this crap adds up fast...better hide the bills from my woman :uzi:

well guys im still fighting with the stupid dipstick tube and to no luck more than likely i am gonna have to get YET another one because this one is about to break also....I have the exhaust manifold almost off and the motor jacked up on this side so I figured it could get it in better but GUESS what thats not happening...I am really tired of the way they made this cars engine compartment everything is a PITA to get installed..