Gforce uses, please chime in!

91ghp5.0

May 25, 2005
Somewhere
So what are people opinions on G-force transmissions? I have some plans for my car, and the only thing that really worries me is the stock-ish T5. It was rebuilt recently, but they shop didn't do a very good job.

The car will be on street tires, maybe drag radials once in a blue moon. It will hardly ever see the track, and be used for street and lots of highway driving.

I would probably buy the kit, and have it shipped here to have it rebuilt at a shop. Whaddya guys think?

Danny

(P.S. The reason I want to go G-force is because of A) no new bell housing, B) I can keep my MGW shifter, C) no new crossmember, which I would have to replace all of the above if I got a TKO).

• Sponsors (?)

So what are people opinions on G-force transmissions? I have some plans for my car, and the only thing that really worries me is the stock-ish T5. It was rebuilt recently, but they shop didn't do a very good job.

The car will be on street tires, maybe drag radials once in a blue moon. It will hardly ever see the track, and be used for street and lots of highway driving.

I would probably buy the kit, and have it shipped here to have it rebuilt at a shop. Whaddya guys think?

Danny

(P.S. The reason I want to go G-force is because of A) no new bell housing, B) I can keep my MGW shifter, C) no new crossmember, which I would have to replace all of the above if I got a TKO).

You dont need a new cross member for the TKO

An aluminum bell housing is cheap and you can sell your MGW.

The TKO is rated the same TQ as the straight cut G force trans, but I dont have to listen to all that whining when crusing down the highway and no grinding while shifting. Worth the extra couple bucks IMO.

No one is going to buy a used shifter.

..and a couple more bucks? 1100 bucks for the kit plus a couple hours labor, versus a 2000 transmission and a new shifter and a new bell housing?

I'm going with the synchronized kit if I do it. The car will MAYBE see 400 hp/tq.

No one is going to buy a used shifter.

..and a couple more bucks? 1100 bucks for the kit plus a couple hours labor, versus a 2000 transmission and a new shifter and a new bell housing?

I'm going with the synchronized kit if I do it. The car will MAYBE see 400 hp/tq.

?????? People buy used shifters ALL DAY LONG, I have sold a few in my day. My friend would have been ALL over a used MGW for his 97 Cobra a couple months ago but couldnt find one and had to buy new.