Glad this happened at home!

• Sponsors (?)

Our cars require 6 quarts including the filter....thats what my manual says anyways.

My car has always used some oil...actually around 1/2 quart to 1 quart every 3K. Thats the norm with these engines....if your not burning oil then your in the minority by a long shot. Either that or you drive like a grandmaw. If your going WOT and running high RPMs, you should loose around 1/2 quart at least every 3K.

After the cams and when I would be shifting @ 6200RPMs or so, my oil consumption would go up alot. take it easy and it wouldnt really burn anything.

mine takes a lil under six, sometimes six, cause i let it drip out for about 20 min....and that Oil filter blowing off....lmao...smooth move. you prolly didnt tighten well enough or something...cause uhhh, i have never in my short life ever heard of that happening.

I have seen this happen once, on my brothers 5.0. except it exploded the filter. part of the filter was still screwed on. and the top half was gone. this happened on first start up after he just put motor back in after a rebuild. we figured it was a flaw in filter itself. never happened again.