GMC Envoy Fog Light Swap

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
After several weeks of trial and error, waiting on parts, and so on I've finally finished. Parts list:
-Fog lights off a 02-06 GMC Envoy, $40 from ebay
-Stick on tint, $20 from Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style
-About a foot of 1 inch square tubing, had it laying around the house
-Strip of aluminum, 3ft long, 1 inch wide, 1/8 inch thick from Lowe's, $7
-Longer bolts and washers for mounting, $2 from Lowes
I was going to use the stock brackets, but they would not line up with the holes, so made my own. I have a Word file I can e-mail to anyone interested, it's what I used for my design, so I didn't take pics of the process. Only thing I like is taking it apart and painting it. Main reason I went with the Envoys is because I got smoked headlights, and the BOI smoked fogs fell apart before I even got them on (they replaced them, the replacements fell apart as well). I couldn't find any decent smoked lights, so had to do the swap. I figured the clear lenses would be easy to tint and match (think I may go lighter on the tint, not quite a perfect match). The Envoys are also suppose to be brighter and use a lower wattage bulb. Even after the tint, they are brighter. I got a new camera, so the pic after the tint didn't come out, but it is much brighter. So here's the pics
Before
Mystic012.jpg

With BOI's before they fell apart
Fogs3.jpg

Lighting with the BOI lights (one side was fogged over)
View attachment 289093
Brackets
IMG_0013.jpg

Envoy light output before they were tinted (EDIT: fogs and low beams are on in this pic if I remember right, wasn't quite that bright).
View attachment 289097
Envoys before tint and tubing was added. I didn't like how far they stuck out in the bumper, and was afraid it would scratch the paint (just had the bumper painted a few months back.
IMG_0025.jpg

Another of the lights before tint
Envoysbeforetint.jpg

Light output with tint (sorry, only pic that would turn out, it is brighter)
View attachment 289103
Finished product
IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Let me know what you all think, and again, I have the how to saved in a file from another member, PM me if any of you would like it.

Attachments

• Mystic012.jpg
    Mystic012.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 663
  • Fogs3.jpg
    Fogs3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 336
  • Envoysbeforetint.jpg
    Envoysbeforetint.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 275
  • Sponsors (?)

Good to see you back on Stangnet! The output is much better, and actually the tint didn't reduce the output that much. I have my fogs rewired, so those pics only show the fog lights on, not the main head lights. Much better, and I finally have matching fogs for my headlights. Thanks for the kind words, any other comments/criticism?

Completely plug and play, only thing is the brackets. Very few have done it, took forever to get all the info on it. Several guys with HIDs have been getting the 880 bulbs instead of the 893's on the Mustangs because they are a lower wattage I believe, but the connectors are the same. The Envoys use the 880 bulbs, so I kept those in hopes of reducing heat. I've seen it done using the stock Cobra fog light brackets, but when I tried that they were still off centered and didn't fit the cutout.

Thanks for the compliments, it should have been completed months ago, but I finally made it. I've now got all the "looks" taken care of except for tires/wheels, which are probably next, then I'm gonna start on the suspension, not sure what all I'll do, but sub frames will be in the plan.