Going to enter one of my homemade tunes in a contest, help me decide which one.

Which one should I submit?

• Daemon

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Scatterbrain

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Digital Belch

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Vitamin D

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

fiveofanatic

How to fuel a Mustang:
Founding Member
Aug 12, 1998
Phoenix, AZ suburbs
OK. Sonoma Wire Works, the outfit that makes the RiffWorks software I record with, is having a small contest, & I wanna enter. I can enter one tune, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I'm leaning towards Digital Belch at the moment, but who knows how long that'll last for. That's where you come in! :D

If you would, please click on the SoundClick or MySpace links in my sig to hear the songs, then vote in this thread's poll. They're the first four listed on SoundClick, & the only ones on MySpace. I have until next Thursday (goes through 09/27/06) to submit one.

Help me, Jebus!

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah i vote for vitamin d too it has the most structure.
Those are some sweet harmonics in daemon and vitamin d very zak wylde which is a great thing i can never get that great of a harmonic tone. Good playin man

Thanks, guys!

BurningRubber said:
I like the tone your getting, whats your setup?

Line 6 GuitarPort. The amp model I use most often is the Peavey 6505 II head & a 4x12 cab w/Celestion V30 speakers, then I throw some reverb, compression, & noise gate on top. 3 of the 4 were done with my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (EMG 81 p'up), "Daemon" was recorded with my Dean Z-X (Duncan Distortion p'up).

They all sound sweet :nice:. If I had to pick it would be Digital Belch or Daemon. Vitamin D sounds good but too quick for my likings. Good job though on all them :nice:

D'oh! :doh: The version of Scatterbrain on the MySpace link is old; I updated the song awhile back, but forgot to upload the newer version to that site! There are 2 differences between the v1 & v2; I redid the master volume (it was peaking before, making a "pulse" feel), & I felt it was a little too repetetive, so I added 2 more riffs in the middle to change it up a bit. If you listened to the MySpace version, definitely head back over & check out the newer one.

Thanks again! :nice:

Damn straight dude! The Hellraiser is the beautifullest guitar ever made!

cgord01.jpg

scatterbrain gets my vote.

demon had me at first but the main riff kinda bugs me with the timing... just two strokes are too short a duration and just really turned me off, but i think it could be slightly tweaked and easily be my fave.

really didnt care for belch, but to me the good part of the tune kicked in way too late in the song, kinda like waiting in line to get into a theme part just to have it close in 10 min.

Vitamin D was not bad, but i think i am skewed for liking a slower metal base then faster.. if its faster i want more bass and drums... shrug.

i really do like scatterbrain though :)

OK, the song is officially up for the running. Check it out!

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/riffrumbleIV/submissions.php

There are several pages of songs, & they're diplayed in random order, so Scatterbrain may or may not come up on the first page.

See the 'cheers' thing as a part of each tune? Click 'view' to read listener's comments, & 'add' to add one of your own. Part of the contest is based on how many 'cheers' a tune gets, so I need your assistance! :D