Good day at the track

wishihadastang125

Founding Member
Apr 11, 2002
Houston
I had a thread up about my first time at the track two weekends ago as some of you may have seen. My best time was 14.4 @ 97mph. So I went back this past friday to have some more fun. I get out there and my first run I don't remember to drop my tire pressure until I was under the suites. I do it real quick, spin through 1st and hit a 14.9. Crap. I realized the tires were only at 25psi so I drop them to 20. I got a good launch and ran a 14.3, new best. I took a little break to watch the other guys race and then went back out. I ran a 14.7 then a 14.6 with trying new launches. I run 1 more time and get a damn good launch and here are the results. And this is on a pretty much stock mustang w/ street tires. I am proud.

2.13-60'
5.9-330
9.03-1/8 @ 79.03 mph
11.72-1000
13.999-1/4 @99.12 mph

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks man. I was pretty stoked all weekend. I was still grinnin about it Sunday. I got the Hyper coated FR500 from american muscle. 18x9 and 18x10
Congrats on the new time :nice:
And great choice on teh wheels! Thats what I wanted when I was gonna sell my HRE's but decided to keep the HRe's instead :shrug:
BTW, what is a "Street slick"? Never heard of that. BTW ebay has some new MT ET streets for $350 in 315 size :banana:
Nittos are decient on the street but not so hot on the track. The BFGs are pretty good and the one to use if you always have them on the car but for the best grip at the track on a DOT tire then the MT's are the way to go :nice:

Street slicks are ET streets. I don't know if it is a Houston thing or what but thats what me and guys I used to run around with call them. I am just looking for something to throw on the old wheels for when I go to the track.

Thanks for sprinkling on my parade. :nonono: Just playing. Thanks man. When am I going to see you out there?

:rlaugh: Those are great times, just giving Maddox(d98gt) a hard time. I don't have a car right now:( That should change soon though. Anytime you guys are heading out there, shoot me a Private message. I usually go to HMP because it is a bit closer, the lines are shorter, and it's prepped well like HRP.

Yesterday wasn't even the best weather. With a set of ET streets and a little better DA, I would expect you to go 13.7xx. I've seen a bone stock bullitt on 275/40's go 13.33 at HRP with a great DA, so it is possible to run a great number.

Do a little search on RPM and you'll realize that it's hit or miss with them. I would look elsewhere to purchase the items. I would consider purchasing the gears first :nice:

+1 on their reputation, ordering a combo pack and only getting half of it would suck, I have no experience with them only what I have read on the boards...

Congrats on hitting the 13's, work on that 60' and you'll be really impressed:nice:

Well RPM is right by where I live so I can just go to the shop to get it. For that price I can't pass it up. It is probably the only thing I will ever get from them. I may end up getting the gears first. I just don't want to get the gears and then, when I am ready to get the combo, they don't have that deal going on.

I wasn't aware that you could walk in and purchase? Where is the shop location? :rlaugh: Shows what I know :D

I haven't checked on their site in quite some time, though make sure you get a quality pulley setup (I personally run the Steeda's on my car) and not a piggyback design. As for the plenum and tb setup--I see nothing wrong with running the cheaper setup as they all perform very closely (I am still on stock plenum). Go with the SCT when it comes to the programmer as that is what most shops in the area are familiar with.

I didn't know you can't walk in to buy from them. Maybe I am wrong. BUT, if they stiff me I do have the luxury of going there and punching them in the mouth. They are MotoBlue pullies. I have never heard of them. But I didn't know pullies could be made crappy. RPM is located on the southwest side of Houston where 59 hits the beltway. Do a map quest.

11821 S Sam Houston Pkwy W
Houston, TX 77031