Good Lord $$$$$

Now every Bubba with a rusted out claptrap is going to want $10000 for his flaming POS

they already do. You can do another thread on the amount of FB posts asking how much their car is worth, or someone wanting $15K and "Don't need to sell it I know what I have" type posts. I think I saw a post where someone "thinks" the car has 160K because the speedo didn't work, and then asked $15K for it.

I've been checking CL for a nice Sn95 cobra vert, but keep an eye on Foxes. The number of Fox bodys on CL are dwindling. Used to be able to take your pick, now there are only a few choices. A couple rusted out POS for $4K, and nice nice clean examples north of $10K. I'm sure me being in the northeast where daily driven Foxes rusted out years ago has something to do with it as well.

When I got married late last year, a few of my buddies put my car on CL as a joke asking $10K. It got enough response that I really need to reconsider my replacement value in my insurance policy. I don't intend to sell my car, but I can't help but think it would cost me a hell of a lot more now to replace it with an equal car if something were to happen.

I think what's happening to the fox body market is ridiculous, but I can't ignore it either.

• Sponsors (?)

The 1984 gt-350 that sold for ~$71k last year likely started all this.
Doubt it will do much for our "drivers".
Those were 100% original with zero miles. Like it or not, those are rare... rare brings $$$.
Most Fox's are either clapped out, high mileage, modified or any combination there-of, and for the last few years the collector car business has been favoring unmolested cars. Restored does not have the prestige it once did, now the market is swinging to 100% original, untouched.

Those were 100% original with zero miles. Like it or not, those are rare... rare brings $$$.
Most Fox's are either clapped out, high mileage, modified or any combination there-of, and for the last few years the collector car business has been favoring unmolested cars. Restored does not have the prestige it once did, now the market is swinging to 100% original, untouched.

That is key here, but there are only a few examples of those cars and they rarely come up for grabs.

Who knows, but this may cause values of "normal" cars to rise as well, sort of how neighborhoods gentrify when people get priced out of top-tier towns. People will realize they can't afford these gems, but want to get in the neighborhood and go for what the can afford nearby. That 16 mile 7up went for $80K? :poo:, I can't afford that, but here's one with 20K miles for $18K. That seems more reasonable!

Supply and demand really. Supply drops every day as cars rust, crash, burn, get stolen, or parted out. Demand seems to be increasing....

Two words. Gas Monkey.

Dennis Collins is a millionaire who knows how to turn metal into money. He's achieved enough tv fame that people out there think if he has a car, it is worth a ton of money. It the same concept Rawlings operates off of. Most of what Rawlings sells is garbage but he rides the name he built up on tv enough that people eat it up. Same thing with Dennis and those Mustangs.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn, I've been debating on selling my Reef Blue vert to buy a hardtop car. (Hatch/Notch) I'm not too picky just don't really want a vert anymore, but with the prices going up like this not sure I can afford it lol.

ok, I'll admit I had to look that up.

Real estate is something I've been dabbling in as of late, so I made a little correlation.

But basically everyone wants to live in Town A. Best schools, leafy suburbs, close to a certain highway, etc. BUT, since everyone wants to live here, the houses sell for $750K. Town B is located right next door. Same leafy streets, same highway access, but maybe schools aren't great, or there's a dump in one corner than stinks. Houses here might be $400K. People settle for Town B, and over the course of 10+ years or so, more money gets invested, taxes go up as property values climb, schools get better, the dump closes, and next thing you know Town B houses are now creeping up to $600-750K as people improve and maintain their properties....aka Gentrify.

Why is it that some people can't seem to accept that the value of our Fox's are slowly going up and will likely hold the value? If value of your car is somewhat important to you then you should think twice about your next modification, cutting a wire, removing a factory radio or AC, k member, etc. Mod it tastefully if it matters to you.

I love seeing builds where people strip down a hatch or coupe and turn it in to a strip car with a full cage, tub, & an LS engine because their making my car that much harder to find. For those that already have a Fox and love it we can rest assured that our cars will appreciate in value a little bit over time.

Reactions: 2 users
Meh, aside from the low mileage holy grail cars like sold at the auction I don't see the average chop/cut/rebuild being worth much more than they already are now.

Just think about it...convertible models of every other model are worth more money...ours will be,too. If someone wanted to stock pile cars to make a retirement on, it would be gt unmolested convertibles.

The notch backs will hold value as well but with convertibles rusting away with bad tops and weatherstripping they're bound to be very rare...especially when people don't desire them much right now.

I can remember when in order to sell a notch it had to be priced under a grand. No one wanted them. Now, the notch is the craze. Our cars are going up in value because of supply and demand. The more cats that get crushed...the less there are.

The issue with CL is that there are so many mustang specialty junk yards popping up. They know the value in these cars and snatch them up every time they're posted. Smh....

Just think about it...convertible models of every other model are worth more money...ours will be,too. If someone wanted to stock pile cars to make a retirement on, it would be gt unmolested convertibles.

The notch backs will hold value as well but with convertibles rusting away with bad tops and weatherstripping they're bound to be very rare...especially when people don't desire them much right now.

There are numberous corelations in the collecting world for the point you made. When a limited edition comes out, people squirrel them away hoping to mAke a buck in the future. But nobody saves the common issue ones.

For the last 20 years I've heard "Foxes are a dime a dozen so mod away".

Again,..the whole thing p isses me off. Who buys a running car new,..never takes any of the dealer stickers and prep items off, and then parks it?.............For 30 years?????

These ass holes,....guys that collect and never drive a car are the reason that most here cannot afford a 1968 fastback mustang.
Now, even the 89LX of yesterday (that could barely bring north of 12k in mint cond just a few years ago) is now somehow worth 5-6 times that?

Go ahead,..look the other way while people that fill Morton buildings w/ trophies make the car that you drive now (and btch that it's such a pain in the ass to keep running) just as impossible to own as a 1968-1/2 428 CJ car.

Now I'm not knocking owning multiple cars,....If I had a ten car capacity building and the discretionary income to buy some of my favs,..I'd have several........And on any given day I'd go out to that building, open the door, get in one and drive it, Because it is after all a CAR. Then on another day, the next time something different. If I didn't like driving one, I'd sell it as opposed to letting it sit and get dusty,..(Cause then I'd have to employ a custodian to dust it off for me). There'd be no dealer showroom specials,....no cars w/ 19 miles on them...no trophies to show who ever it is that's impressed with that to...
If you just need to collect a car that you never intend to drive.........
upload_2017-1-19_6-33-18.png

There's still a buttload of actual TOYS out there that you can put on a shelf in your living room,...Morton building not required.
I told people these are making a comeback. And yes, they are going to be the next classics. I even got dealers calling me asking about buying it, and another guy offering me his 2006 BMW. What is happening ! Fox Body's are coming back hard !

Reactions: 1 users

I can remember when in order to sell a notch it had to be priced under a grand. No one wanted them. Now, the notch is the craze. Our cars are going up in value because of supply and demand. The more cats that get crushed...the less there are.

The issue with CL is that there are so many mustang specialty junk yards popping up. They know the value in these cars and snatch them up every time they're posted. Smh....

That would be nice lol.