Good shops in Las Vegas?

aggiedj02

May 9, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
So I am moving to Las Vegas in about a week and was wondering where the good shops in town are there? I put it in this forum to get everyone in case someone use to live out that way and has moved since.

I can't seem to find much of anything online, and the only place I could really find so far was:

http://www.mustangdepot.com/

For some reason, I remember a thread about these guys and how bad they are. Now, I can't seem to find the thread now, but I was curious what people thought. Any ideas or anyone willing to point me in the right direction...

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Anything ever come of this? I'm looking at possibly moving out that way myself and likewise haven't had much luck in finding performance shops. I see quite afew Mustang clubs, so somebody has to be doing the work...

Dr. Black said:
I live here in Vegas, 3 clubs...2 are a little childish. The other one is cool but I hardly make it to the meetings. As for shops I do all my own work so I couldn't help you there. but let me know when your here, we'll talk shop

As far as the clubs... you nailed that right on the head. Two clubs used to be one and they had inter-drama and split into two. I just moved from there after 15 years. Shops in Vegas suck. There is one down in Green Valley called Dyno Tune or something with a "Dyno" in it. Scott the owner is somewhat knowledgable but he's an ass. He did my subs and did the worst weld job I've ever seen. He's not very well liked by the hardcore stanger's in the town. The town really sucks for home town hot rod stuff. It's all about the tourists and the golddiggers...

i found someone good in a repair shop that referenced me to some guys for all my gear stuff I need done. Also, 1320 Motorsports came recommended from several different people for dyno testing and tuning.

Go to MCLV and look there. They seemed to be pretty helpful. I'm getting to the point where I will just drive to LA and drop the car off to get work done if need be and drive it back when I am finished :)

Send me a PM when you get here...

--Marcus

**EDIT**

just for reference... all the a-holes in LV that say they do their own work are full of it. I'm sorry, but there are too many nice cars around here and everyone I talked to said they did everything themselves. That is such a crock of POO!!! There are some good people in town you just have to know who to ask. Like I said... PM me when you get here!!!

3ponyshow said:
Thanks, I'll do that. Personally, I'll be the first to admit that I know just enough to be dangerous. I guess that will make me the Vegas anomaly. I'll take all the help I can get. :)

Lot's of "fast -n- furious" in Vegas... I owned a house up on Sunrise Mountain (the Orchards - "Treeline") and every weekend the kids wanted to race me. When they found out where I lived, they did lots of burn outs around my house. I live real close to a street racing area... but I didn't... :)