goodbye guys its been fun!

well, after much consideration over the last few weeks i finally bit the bullet and traded in my stang. they gave a damn good price on the trade, much more than it was worth and gave me a good deal on the new car..

picked up a 2003 BMW 330i 5speed, its a GREAT car, drives very smooth, power is decent and the variable valve timing is nice...i loved the stang but with rising gas prices and starting a new family it just wasnt practical for me anymore....she will be missed. here are pics of the new ride if anyone gives a damn. haha. thanks for all the help and good late night reading:nice:

new car

• Sponsors (?)

Well it's too bad you had to get rid of your 'Stang.. But at least you got something nice to replace it with. I love BMW's, very very nice cars.

Looks good man!.. At least you didn't get a camaro ;)

BMWs are nice........

....until you see a repair bill on one.:D

I love BMWs and some day want to own an M6 with SMG paddle shifters.:drool: I would have to buy a new BMW and then trade it when the warranty is about to expire. My uncle had one and repairs are difficult and expensive.

tomustang said:
modding fun on a bmw? $30,000 for a blower.. 100hp
QFT
my dad has an '03 M3 for his "fun car" and priced out some performance upgrades. Dinan offers a pretty extreme supercharger package. it includes a centri s/c, new throttle bodies (6 of them :eek: ), 3.90 gears, brakes, coilovers, tuning, and exhaust for an output rated at ~440 hp (~380 to the wheels). the price? 40k just for the Dinan package.
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

yea i wont be modding this one...good thing is that its under factory warranty until 50k, then the BMW certified pre-owned warranty to 100k..it only has 39k on it now, so i should be good...

and yes i will be back. in the future when its more feasible to own one... :)

Uhh is the gas milage that much better? I mean now you have to go premium.
I would have gone Corrola/Accord and a Fox body :p
But that is me, and you did what makes you happy :) Hope you enjoy it.

yea the mileage is that much better...its averaging 22.4mpg city where my stang got 14-15 at best..and i had to run premium in the stang because of the advanced timing i was running..and these cars only call for 91 octane so it will run me .10c a gallon cheaper right off the bat...i dont feel like i'm elite because i have one...yes its a nice car, but it is only a mid level 3 series so its not like i'm driving a $90k m5...if i were then i may feel that way hahaha.