Goodyear Fuel Lines, How I did it

Ryno8705

Jul 16, 2008
Rockford, IL
I have had a few people ask me about how I used the Goodyear EFI fuel line on my 94 GT. I decided it may be a topic more people would like to know is an option for their car so I made a small write up with the pics of my setup.

The following worked for me and should work for every other 94/95 5.0 Mustang owner, but I do not take responsibility for any thing going wrong with anyone's car if they choose to go this route and something goes wrong.

I used 1/4" Goodyear EFI fuel line (with the Viton blue lining) with all 4 factory fittings. All I did was cut the nylon off of the 2 metal fuel line fittings on the rail and on the plastic fittings on the hard line from the tank. I do still run the factory fuel rails.

1/4 is a snug fit over all the fittings and I needed to heat the ends of the lines with a blow dryer to slide the lines on; I did not lube the lines because I did not want lube stuck between the fitting and hose for the long run.. I just massaged them on then used EFI hose clamps. Lube may make the line move around on the fitting and I didn’t want that.

HOWEVER, I replaced two EFI clamps with regular clamps and I think I will use regular hose clamps on the other two also since the EFI clamps fit loose. The 1/4” fits so snug I don’t think much clamping force is needed, but I didn't like how the EFI clamps bottomed out before I wanted them to on the rail fittings.

I purchased 8 feet total and didn't need all of it. I ran the fuel lines in the same path as the factory lines and only ended up using ~6 feet total. I didn't measure what I had left over so I'm not completely sure. I recommend you measure the length of your fuel lines with string and add a foot to it to be sure you don't end up short. I also recommend buying the line in one length; don’t cut it in two at the store.

I had purchased 5/16" line for the supply side (since the hard line is 5/16"), but 5/16" didn't fit snug on the fittings. After a few measurements, the 1/4" line isn't the bottle neck in the whole scheme of things so I went 1/4" on both the supply and return.

I did not replace the O-rings on the fittings for the hard lines and nothing leaks to date. No smell of fuel and no leaks fuel leaks of any sort. In hindsight I probably should have replaced the O-rings. I may get around to it some time soon just to cover that base.

Google "Good Year Fuel Injection Hose" you can read all about it. It seems like good stuff.

Before I was set on using the Goodyear 1/4" line, I took a 6" piece and only slid the line on the barb half way to see how well the line was going to grab the barb. The 1/4" line fit so snug over the fitting's barb I had a very hard time pulling the line off. I ended up heating the end with a blow dryer to help it loosen up, it was way more of a pain than I expected to get it off. Of course, I did slide the lines as far onto the barbs as possible before I finished the project. It was still a no-brainer to still opt for the clamps.

Anyone who thinks the Goodyear line is a jury rigged fix, I think you should try to slip 1/4" Goodyear line on a fitting and pull it off. I believe you will be surprised. If not, go with some other idea.

I tired to cover as many questions I thought may pop up, but I'm sure I forgot something so please ask if you have any questions. In total I spent ~$30 at Autozone for the fuel line and clamps.

I will try and remember to post better pics in the middle of March when I get the car out of storage.
0206090906b.jpg

0206090905.jpg

0206090906c.jpg

• Sponsors (?)