Got a B+ in Calc I

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
:banana:

Went into the final with an 82 average and came out better than I went in. That was the final I was worried about the most because it could make or break your grade. The final grade counted twice no matter what, and if it was higher than your lowest test grade it would replace it as well for a total of 3 grades for the one test. I'm just happy I get above an 80 on the test because I didn't study for it... I can sleep again at night now

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah in my calc 4 class, our final was 50% of our grade. In my quantum physics class, it was 40% in my materials class, and im about to take one thats 35%. In my other classes, finals werent as bad, but DAMN do i hate finals! Good job with the B+, calc is a real pain.

umm its like non linear higher order differntial equations yea. I had 3 clac classes last year, one was pretty much derivitives, another was integrals, and the third was like 3d mapping with both. This class is alot of modeling systems with bigass equations. Its not fun by any means, and i not looking towards the 5th class by any means.

I always tell people . . . Wait till you get to vector calc. My brother pulled off a B in that one, but was happy with a D, lol. Then again I never did the homeworks which were like 20% of the grade. Diff-eqs was sooo much easier than vector and vector was a pre-req :shrug:

My favorite curve ever was thermodynamics. I had a 36% which turned out to be a B :rlaugh:

Zero Signal said:
My favorite curve ever was thermodynamics. I had a 36% which turned out to be a B :rlaugh:
:rlaugh: I bet that was nice to see a B for the final grade. All of these math classes suck, but I have to take up to diff/eq all for pre-req's before I start in the engineering program.

Going for mechanical engineering. What I want to do is basically design parts for cars. Would eventually like to modify production cars like Roush does, but we'll have to see on that one.

Funny you mention those two classes. The only classes I ever kind of liked were materials, fluids and statics (not to be confused with 'statistics')

I never thought I would be using the strength of materials knowledge at the time. But I end up using it every day now. Hell, I didn't even remember what modular ratio was used for untill I actually had to use it, heh.

Congrats! BTW, Diff. Eq rocks. Pretty much every math class after Calc II rocks. It's that crap in I and II you gotta stomach to get to the fun stuff. Seriously, it gets very spatial and theoretical once you are past memorizing integral solutions.

GRGT1994 said:
Congrats! BTW, Diff. Eq rocks. Pretty much every math class after Calc II rocks. It's that crap in I and II you gotta stomach to get to the fun stuff. Seriously, it gets very spatial and theoretical once you are past memorizing integral solutions.

Yup, definately true. I and II really got your bases down, and the rest was much better. My physics teacher used vectors so much that calc III was cake to start. Make the class much easier.
Scott

Congrats :cheers:

This is my first semester without finals...for now. Thinking of going to med school or going further with my pshyc. (will be on someone elses dime though).

The worst final I had was east asian culture...friggan teacher was gods teachers wrote the top 3 books on the history on the subject and set up one of the largest china/US transfer programs as well as starting the school's dept. in China:( . Spoke for 2hrs from MEMORY. Had a B+ at midterm and got an F as a final grade (like a 56 or something the only F I have ever gotten from K to 16). NO attendance points, no homework points, no extra credit, no study form. 75 question mid term, and that was your study guide for the final that had 150 questions all over 8K years of chin./***/Krn. history...the final was also 75% of the grade and no curve...4 people passed the class with a C or better, and like 5-10 got D's out of 85-ish people. It was also a 7am class, I missed 2 days as I was in the hospital with kidney stones (that whole semester was a drugd' up deal for me, it sucked).