Got a new job

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
Yeah thats right fools. Since I finished my course to become an electrician, I havent been really lucky. That course cost me 6000$. NO JOKE. And it was only a year. Now it turns out that most of use got screwed up really good with this. This program was suppose to be "the chit" and put us all at work as soon as we finished but things went very differently. First of all, the Ontario UNION doesnt wanna recognize the course as "good to their standarts" so we cant jump in the union, where the good conditions and the big $$ is. Strike one. Secondly, QUEBEC doesnt wanna convert this Ontario course into a Quebec certification kind of thing. Meaning I CANT work in Qc with this course. Only good in Ontario. Strike two. I could work in Qc, but start like everybody else and do as if I NEVER did get a course at all since its worth chit up here. I could work in Ontario in non-union companies but the salary is VERY low compared to what we're worth. La Cité Collegiale (the school) has some kind of programs for Ontarians (strike three) that are 25 years old not included and lower (strike four) to start in the business. They pay HALF your salary to your new employer when you start. SO the employer kinda just trys you out for very cheap money basicly and doesnt really waste anything on you. So all this stuff was all against me and I was fu**ed basicly, like you can all tell.

But I just started a new job 3 days ago. I LOVE it. Very good money and full advantages and shares in the company, and so MUCH more you cant even imagine. I'm now a sale rep (well will become one shortly). Now I'm training for it. I load my truck at the huge warehouse, drive the trucks to stores and empty the products to the stores and do the sale work there and merchandising also. No real experience I had before. Never drove those trucks before. Never was a sale rep. Starting salary is 35 600$. Next year, I should be making more than 45000 $, since I'd most likely have my own route and also be making comissions on the sales. The average is 45K. But some of those sale rep made more than 55K last year for example for basicly delivering candys in a truck. Loading your truck @ 5am in the morning and finishing your day whenever you finish it cause you're basicly your own boss, but it's around 12pm-2pm, depending, once you know what you're really doing with a few months of experience.

HUGE security and I'm very happy. I'm on probation for 6 months but everything is going VERY well. I'm not mentioning the name of the company til I'm "really" hired so dont bother asking.

Sorry for the long post folks.

• Sponsors (?)

TheDamned said:
Very glad for you Mario :hail2:
I'm in eletric engeneiring and i don't see the end :( I should be done within 2 years :nonono:

Nice job Mario!

I'm also in electric engeneiring, and I have 37hours/week of class... well it sucks.. lol and I'll be done with it in 1 year.. hehe 4 years of cegep.. lol

Hell no the stang is still for sale. Why would I want to keep my "now stock again" stang ? :notnice:

Money will be in, approximately in 2 weeks, and I will be paid every week so thats a big plus also. I have credit cards to pay (a few ), an aunt which gave me some $$$ this summer when I was in trouble (she won the lottery twice...) that I want to pay back, and then sell the stang. Then I'll be cleared of everything. After that, well depends on the gf and what she wants to do, but my next goal is to get a house and my next stang, an 03-04 COBRA which I' ll put a KB 2.4 blower on it and many boltons. Planning on 650-700rwhp and low 10's, 9's maybe if possible. Lately I'm thinking so much about that Cobra its crazy. I cant wait to get mine.

Stangfreak95 said:
Hell no the stang is still for sale. Why would I want to keep my "now stock again" stang ? :notnice:

Money will be in, approximately in 2 weeks, and I will be paid every week so thats a big plus also. I have credit cards to pay (a few ), an aunt which gave me some $$$ this summer when I was in trouble (she won the lottery twice...) that I want to pay back, and then sell the stang. Then I'll be cleared of everything. After that, well depends on the gf and what she wants to do, but my next goal is to get a house and my next stang, an 03-04 COBRA which I' ll put a KB 2.4 blower on it and many boltons. Planning on 650-700rwhp and low 10's, 9's maybe if possible. Lately I'm thinking so much about that Cobra its crazy. I cant wait to get mine.

Wish I could build up an 03-04 Cobra! Keep us updated on that!

Stangfreak95 said:
Yeah thats right fools. Since I finished my course to become an electrician, I havent been really lucky. That course cost me 6000$. NO JOKE. And it was only a year. Now it turns out that most of use got screwed up really good with this. This program was suppose to be "the chit" and put us all at work as soon as we finished but things went very differently. First of all, the Ontario UNION doesnt wanna recognize the course as "good to their standarts" so we cant jump in the union, where the good conditions and the big $$ is. Strike one. Secondly, QUEBEC doesnt wanna convert this Ontario course into a Quebec certification kind of thing. Meaning I CANT work in Qc with this course. Only good in Ontario. Strike two. I could work in Qc, but start like everybody else and do as if I NEVER did get a course at all since its worth chit up here. I could work in Ontario in non-union companies but the salary is VERY low compared to what we're worth. La Cité Collegiale (the school) has some kind of programs for Ontarians (strike three) that are 25 years old not included and lower (strike four) to start in the business. They pay HALF your salary to your new employer when you start. SO the employer kinda just trys you out for very cheap money basicly and doesnt really waste anything on you. So all this stuff was all against me and I was fu**ed basicly, like you can all tell.

So let me get this straight you took an electrian's program that would allow you to write the C of Q in Ontario without doing an apprenticeship. 1st of all Ontario electrician's union can't say boo about your schooling once you have a C of Q. Maybe the electrician's union doesn't want to let you in, but trust me many other plants have other Union's. I have CEP Union at my work place, to work on this plant you must belong to that Union, and have a valid Ontario C of Q. I have also worked at a company that had CAW union, same deal CAW membership and a valid C of Q. So as long as the program you took is accepted by the Ministry of SKills & Trades in Ontario you can write the C of Q (license). If you haven't checked or didn't check with the Ministry of Skills & Trades before you took the program your screwed. Good luck.

I happy to hear this Mario, I know you sacrificed a lot for jumping ahead in life. So if the stang isn't sold, will you keep it, and if it is sold are you getting another?

STM1965 said:
So let me get this straight you took an electrian's program that would allow you to write the C of Q in Ontario without doing an apprenticeship. 1st of all Ontario electrician's union can't say boo about your schooling once you have a C of Q. Maybe the electrician's union doesn't want to let you in, but trust me many other plants have other Union's. I have CEP Union at my work place, to work on this plant you must belong to that Union, and have a valid Ontario C of Q. I have also worked at a company that had CAW union, same deal CAW membership and a valid C of Q. So as long as the program you took is accepted by the Ministry of SKills & Trades in Ontario you can write the C of Q (license). If you haven't checked or didn't check with the Ministry of Skills & Trades before you took the program your screwed. Good luck.

No man I didnt check with nobody except the school itself which I believe. The Cite also has the other electrician program. The original electrician program. In that one, you're ALREADY working, then after whatever how many hours you go to school to do your first part of the course, then if you pass, you go back to work and then after another amount of hours of practice, you come back and take the second part of the course, etc. After those 3 parts, you have your course and THIS course is approved by the union. It's just the my course which isnt. This was a big mistake.

Boss 351 said:
I happy to hear this Mario, I know you sacrificed a lot for jumping ahead in life. So if the stang isn't sold, will you keep it, and if it is sold are you getting another?

I'm still loving my new job. Another 2 weeks before certification and then I'll most likely have my "real" full time position. I dont think I'll be on propation after that certification. But I could be wrong.

About the stang, It is still for sale. I still love the car but now stock it sucks. At least it still have the sound. I dont have any plans on keeping it. And one of my friends approched me like 5 days ago about him really wanting to buy my car asap once he gets this big check. I was surprised to hear that. So the car might go soon hopefully. Then with this money I will pay my "marge de credit" on which my 6000$ for school is there plus other stuff.

After the debts are paid (a lot) and I'm finally cleared of everything, I'll see what will happened. I know my gf wants do do a small trip with me somewhere where it's hot. She really likes to travel. So after that, if she still wants to stay in our appartement for another year, I might get another stang. I wanted my fox body but screw this, I dont want anything else that that 03-04 Cobra. My mind is set. If I have to go buy it in the states I will. They're way cheaper there. When buying it, I will also have a 5000$ on the side for that 2.4 KB to swap on there. That IRS will also be gone as soon as I own the car.

Can you say 700rwhp ? (with a couple other mods of course)
:D

Stangfreak95 said:
No man I didnt check with nobody except the school itself which I believe. The Cite also has the other electrician program. The original electrician program. In that one, you're ALREADY working, then after whatever how many hours you go to school to do your first part of the course, then if you pass, you go back to work and then after another amount of hours of practice, you come back and take the second part of the course, etc. After those 3 parts, you have your course and THIS course is approved by the union. It's just the my course which isnt. This was a big mistake.

Yep your screwed the "other" cousre is an approved apprenticeship, the parts you refer to are called intake's and last 8 weeks. It isn't just approved by the union but rather the Ministry of Skills & Trades.

Sucks

I finished my training today ! Well actually yesterday. Today was my first day alone doing all the stores. My district manager, as planned, was suppose to come to check me and see how I work, and drive the truck, and how I talk to people, etc. He seems happy and I'm now officially starting alone on Sunday. :D

Still on probation though. I'm thinking they will test me like another month alone to see how I do. I should be ok. I can tell you where I work now, I work for Fritolay. We're affiliated with Pepsi (we make more money than Pepsi) and a couple more companies. We are owned by Pepsico. We are Doritos, Tostitos, Lays, Ruffles, Cheetos. Miss Vickies, Sunchips, etc and pretty much everything that is not Yum Yum or Humpty Dumpty.

http://www.fritolay.com/

Great place to work.