Got a question about selling a vehicle...

No, not selling the Stang.

But I am selling a bike which I just sold on eBay. The guy is bringing me one of those Bank of America credit card checks that are linked to you credit card but you can write to anyone. That concerns me a little bit, because I am wondering if he try to say I screwed him or something and file a chargeback 2 weeks later, just like he could with other credit card purchases.

Anybody know??

• Sponsors (?)

I would go to the bank with him and have him cash it, he can write it to cash. DO NOT just take the check and give him the bike!!! There are alot of check scams out there so watch out. Also be sure he gives you all his info including dl#

Chris

Well yeah, I just wasn't going to take the check and give him the bike. He lives 20 mins from me and is bringing me the check today, and I will call him to pick it up after a week or so. I might tell him to just bring cash.

I like the idea of him doing whatever he needs to do (depositing his own check and pulling out cash once it clears) in order to give you cash (there was going to be a lag time anyhow) at the time of the exchange.

That keeps you clear of any ambiguity that arises if there's a SNAFU with his check down the line - none of that crap is your problem anyhow.

Good luck.