Got a speeding ticket...how much $$

• Sponsors (?)

get a radar lol

Radar only helps if the cop is sitting there with a radar gun.

If you are out screwing around and fly past a cop at a light or an undercover cop on the highway, the best radar in the world won't help you out.

Most of the cops i know write tickets based on people doing stupid things that they see...no need to run radar at all. That's why i don't even bother with one

ive ticked myself off thinking about this very issue many of times

ive talked to a few officers and harleys with these pipes are just as illegal

True, but when you ride, you'll realize you want the bike loud. It can potentially save your life if people can hear you and know you are there.

Now, bikes that are rediculously loud annoy the hell out of me, but i don't mind a bike with a decent exhaust. It's no different than a Mustang. Anyone will agree that driving your stang around with open headers can be slightly inconsiderate of others.

I agree it does sound badass, but i could never drive it around like that. I get pissed off as it is at people with loud stereo's who don't turn them down at red lights when they are sitting 2 feet away from a car with it's windows down and little kids in it. Most often they are playing rap with lyrics about "Slapping their bitch" and stuff like that.

Ok that's not the same as a loud exhaust because little kids like loud mufflers too :)

While we may think a Stang with an o/r x or h-pipe is loud, try riding next to a Harley motorcycle with straight pipes:mad: And how often do you see them getting pulled over for "loud" exhausts:fuss:

How many kids on Harleys do you see blowing down the road at 130+ mph...thats why they don't get harrassed...most Harley owners are mature drivers and the loud pipes are a safety precaution.

lmao, as a safety precaution, give me a break. my dad has owned harleys all his life, and as soon as he would get it he would throw some straight pipes and ape hangers on it. i would always pick on him saying how i want a crotch rocket and how i would fly past him and he said yea but you'll be going 150 past me sounding like a retard, and ill have your girlfriend on the back with me cruisin 50mph, cuz the exhaust turns her on, lmfao. i mean yea, he was a mature driver but DEFINEATELY not a safety precaution.

Have you actually ridden a quiet crotch rocket or a harley with stock exhaust on the highway??? It's actually quite scary. I was almost put into the wall on my dad's harley w/ stock exhaust by some soccer mom in a mini-van that came over at me. Even the crotch rockets are quiet while cruising.

Don't you ever notice people turning their heads to look over their shoulders when you are coming up alongside them in a Mustang with a loud exhaust? Same idea on a bike.

Yes i know that's not the reason most people use, but as a rider, i don't have a problem with people putting loud pipes on motorcycles.

plus, its alot harder on the other side of the pond to even get your license, her it seems you can get it at wal-mart.

You got that part right. Your average driver is far better skilled back home. I had 30+ hours of driver training (common in England) before my driving test. The English test is an hour long, and involves highway driving, around town, and a whole bunch of maneuvers. I know people who were never good enough drivers to get a license, and gave up after 9+ tests. They also have a separate "auto license" for folks who pass driving autos - they are not allowed to drive manual cars.

In the US my driving test was a joke. I pulled up in the stang with the top down and the guy said "turn right, turn left, three point turn and come back". It took about 4 mins and he had his head down filling out the paperwork most of the time.

you got lucky he didnt write for 100+mph because then not only would it have been the ticket but you would have gone to jail and gotten a serious fine, but for the 90mph they will add X amount of dollars to each mph over the speed limit. Also ask for traffic school so you wont get a point on your license