got a ticket help with ticking (more help...)

+1 for a mechanical oil pressure gauge. I would use 10w30, thats what I use but if your trying to get rid of a ticking loose tolerances, like a leaky lifter) dont add something very very thin to it (Marvel Mystery oil), it just thins out the oil and will make the pressure go lower, if anything add something thick, like Lucas or I like the oil treatment stuff at advance, it looks like honey, thick as anything. Should help tighten up some clearances, helped with my tapping lifter anyway.

• Sponsors (?)

i usually do 10w30 and about a half quart of lucas. should i use a qt of lucas and then 4 qts of oil? i cant decide if it should count as a quart or not...

im thinking i should change the oil and use 4 quarts of 10w40 and a quart of lucas. that should make it all shutup.

so do you think that i have a mix matched dipstick? i put about 5 quarts in and it goes to about halfway on the dipstick, on the arrow part between add and full, not the grid looking deal. it leaks too, so i have to add maybe a 1/8 of a qt or so every 1k miles to keep it up near the halfway on the dipstick.