got back from little vactaion...have some wounds :(

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
Thought I'd share this with you guys since I post here quite often.

Had a great time with about 15 friends at a cool town about 6 hours from my place. Floated down a canal with lots of beer and it was a wicked time we went up on wednsday. Lots of hotties up there too.

Anyways friday night I ended up falling into a fire on the beach, didnt hurt at first but buddy decided it would be a good idea to go to hospital. Started hurting on the way.

All of a sudden my hood on the truck flew up, I was wasted and my other buddy just got woken up outta bed to drive me so we both forgot we had an inverter hooked under the hood so it wasnt fully latched. so the hood got jammed up, we could of played with it but couldnt see so we just bent it down.

So now I have a wrecked hood on the f150, 3rd and 2nd degree burns on my shoulder, back, some on my wrist, some on my hands, and a little burn around my nipple. Im lucky I didnt get my lower arms too much and didnt get my face at all.

Anyways thats my story haha. Anyone else get bad burns before? I hope I dont get much scarring. :(

Here is a pic (warning some might find it pretty gross, its not too bad but thats why I left it as link)
http://members.shaw.ca/xsap/burns.jpg
click above

mmmmmmmm....BBQ! You can see my lower shoulder is the worst not the best shot of it but yea its pretty bad :(

But all in all I still had a great time up there! :banana:

afterburn.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like you have a chunk out out of your shoulder! OUCH!

Pretty sure you'll have some pretty bad scarring unless you get a skin graphing or whatever it's called.

Oh well, it makes a nice story. :)

ouch dude, good thing you were drunk

. . . Maybe I'm crazy, but I'll venture to say it might of happened BECUASE he was drunk. I don't think I've ever heard of someone falling into a fire who wasn't drunk or just doing something stupid like trying to jump over it. Glad it wasn't too bad though, you could have been hurt alot worse.

Zero Signal said:
. . . Maybe I'm crazy, but I'll venture to say it might of happened BECUASE he was drunk. I don't think I've ever heard of someone falling into a fire who wasn't drunk or just doing something stupid like trying to jump over it. Glad it wasn't too bad though, you could have been hurt alot worse.

haha... hmm, that is true, i meant pain wise, but i guess he would have never been in the situation in the first place without alcohol

Damn that looks painful. Luckily they at least appear to only be second degree, so you don't need grafting, but the nerve endings didn't burn off, so you still sense pain. :( If they have someone changing the dressings (whether someone at home, or a home care nurse), keep up on them on a regular schedule as recommended, to minimize the chance of infection. You'll scar, but it'll probably be light since they're keeping it saturated with saline in the wet to dry dressings you have over them. If they scar up pretty good, a dermatologist may be able to do the dermabrasion (like how they sand off tattoos as opposed to using a laser), and then healthy skin can grow in place of the scarred skin. Good luck man, this is one time I'm not envious of one of my 'Stang brothers!

i'm sure it was fun cleaning the sand out of those wounds. good luck on the healing, hope the doc gave you good pain killers. still trying to understand how you fell into fire.
and i had second degree burns on my shoulders and upper half of my back. not only once but twice. thanks to the sun and no sun block. i had the mother of all blisters all over my shoulders and back. wait till they start to close up and the skin gets tight. moving around will not be fun.