Got In An Accident This Morning!

blurred10

Jun 16, 2007
Spring, Tx
I was on my way to work this morning and a lady in a Honda Accord hits me in the side trying to turn in my lane from a side street.:mad: We parked and waited for the police to arrive and then it strted to rain. I went to roll my windows up and the passenger side wouldn't roll all the way up. :mad: I didn't have the right insurance card so I called my fiance' and had her bring the correct paper work since we live 5 min. away from the accident site.
The traffic cop pulls up and asked what happened and I gave the simplified version as he looked where the damage was on my car. The lady walks up and says "He hit me!" :eek: :bs: I was PISSED!!:mad: The traffic cop knew what really happened just by looking at the damage of both cars and knew she was at fault. :nono: He then got into a heated debate with the lady and her husband about how long he had been a traffic cop and how the damage suggests otherwise and he continued to explained to them how "right of way" works. The couple were foreign and either did not understand or truely beleived I caused the accident because they went back and forth for quite some time. He finally got my info and let me go and gave the lady a citation for "Failure to yield to right of way".
When I got home to put the car up, I called her insurance company to file a claim. Turns out the lady is trying to fight me on it. I sent the claims adjuster the photos and now I guess I have to wait it out. The accident report will be ready in about 10 days. Luckily, I have another car to use in the mean time and parked the stang in the garage.

Anyone have any advice?:shrug:

March_08_087.jpg

March_08_088.jpg

March_08_083.jpg

March_08_082.jpg

The Offender!
March_08_091.jpg

March_08_089.jpg

March_08_092.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Man, sorry about the car. That's some pretty horrible luck. Leave it to the foreigners to come here and run over our cars and start laying blame because they think they know how to drive. Good Luck with the repairs.

I hate *******s...

hopefully you have good insurance OR her insurance isn't retarded. Hope it gets resolved fast. Looks like you "could" get a new full paint job out of the deal, but most likely just a door, rear 1/4, and some blended paint.

If you want to upgrade your side scoops now is the time to do it. Hopefully there is no fram dammage, but from the looks of the Honda, I doubt it.

Let your insurance company deal with her insurance company. Don't tell her insurance anything until the report comes out. Yeah and don't approach her. She and her husband might pull something and make the situation look worse.

If she got a citation for failure to yield right of way, there is NO way her insurance company will find that it was your fault, and sounds like the police report will be in your favor also. Similar situation happened to my dad last year - it's totally balls but you'll get through it heh.

Also, if her agent asks you to pay for half the damage or any(which you should pay nothing). Get him/her fired for being stupid to even ask. That happened to my bro where the other dude hit him and his agent asked if he would pay for some of the damage which was dumb because in the report he knew his client was fully at fault. My dad talked to his boss and the next day that agent was fired:lol:

yeah, that sucks man, lol, i like how shes trying to put the fault on you when looking at the pics, its clearly her fault, its like, yeah bitch, i hit the front of your car with the side of mine.....makes COMPLETE sense. dont worry, you wont be at fault, but since that dumb lady tried to put the blame on you, the insurance company is gonna have to give her the right to explain herself n what not, then take a look at both cars, then make a decision, which will be clearly her fault. sorry about the stang man.

Im so sorry to hear that man :(
Hope this helps: Last year I got T-boned in my 89 GT. I was going down the street at 20 mph in the rain. Oncomming traffic was solid, this retard in a minivan was pulling out of a Safeway driveway and couldnt see me because a big truck was at the edge of the driveway blocking his view. I guess he just decided to hit the gas and hope for the best :shrug: The second I saw his nose poke out behind the truck I hit the brakes and he hit me right in the drivers door. I called the cops and as soon as the cop gets there he says it was my fault, I was going too fast, he had the right of way (f'ing idiot) then his uncle started dropping names and trying to get the cop against me. The cop said its simple, the nose of your van hit the side of his car. You hit him, its your fault period! His insurance company said he was fighting it but since the report said he hit me they were paying me off. The cars book was $3200 and the dammage was $3600. They sent an apraiser out cause I said the car was in great shape and I did alot of work on it but didnt have reciepts. The appraiser said its worth $5800 and they cut me a check for that and let me keep the car AND since no structural dammage the title was left alone. I sold it for $3000 and was a happy camper.

You will get it fixed on their dime no problem. I know your sad and mad but try not to worry cause your good :nice:

don' worry this happens to a lot of peaple. seems that everyone tries to escape the dreded insurance sur-charge by saying that it wasn't their fault. it will come out in the wash don't worry. judging from the pictures it definatly wasn't your fault, it's dead center in the side with the corner of the other car. don' swet it.. good luck (may be you should of fell out of your car and started screeming "MY BACK! MY BACK"!

Sorry about your ride!!! I'm sure the insurance co. will make it buff out really nice in your favor!!

At least it's only the door and a little (what it looks like) cosmetic damage around the scoop.

Start Rant!!!

I don't know how many times I see people try to pass the blame. Either people hit you then say no to the police, or just in general driving habits there should be ALOT stiffer penalties for people when they lie like that to a cop.

Just like if someone cuts you off and you have to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident, and honk... you will recieve the finger. Why I ask. Do they really want a beatdown? Really, they screwed up so take the blame... don't try to make it worse, or try to make it seem like it was anothers fault. driving makes me more mad every day.

Example... I was driving last night, I notice a funny feeling and then see a red dot on my dash... 5 yr old kid in car a few up has a lazer pointer pointed out the window at me. So.. I get pissed, but keep driving, I pass them and it happens again, then another time in my rear view mirror after I have passed them. So we pull up to a light, I pull the ebrake and get out. the kid has his arm out the window I tell the childs mother that her son has a lazer pointer flashing in my eyes, she replies with "oh he's just a kid" so I tell her to take it away from him, she says no, so I reply with opening the kids door and grabbing it from his hand, then smashing it on the ground and walking away. the woman turned off at the next turn. How can someone be that way, really, honestly... I can't even comprehend. I know that wasn't the best solution, but you can only take so much stupidity from others, and some people need to know that not everyone will take this.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it is somewhat on topic....
END RANT!!

yea I know EXACTLY how you feel. I just recently was in an accident 3 weeks ago where the other person tried to put the blame on me. She still hasn't called the insurance co.... time is ticking for her since this is an open debate hopefully she doesn't call within the next couple of days.

How many Miles are on your car??? Hopefully it's not totaled you'd be suprised sometimes....

Sorry about your ride!!! I'm sure the insurance co. will make it buff out really nice in your favor!!

At least it's only the door and a little (what it looks like) cosmetic damage around the scoop.

Start Rant!!!

I don't know how many times I see people try to pass the blame. Either people hit you then say no to the police, or just in general driving habits there should be ALOT stiffer penalties for people when they lie like that to a cop.

Just like if someone cuts you off and you have to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident, and honk... you will recieve the finger. Why I ask. Do they really want a beatdown? Really, they screwed up so take the blame... don't try to make it worse, or try to make it seem like it was anothers fault. driving makes me more mad every day.

Example... I was driving last night, I notice a funny feeling and then see a red dot on my dash... 5 yr old kid in car a few up has a lazer pointer pointed out the window at me. So.. I get pissed, but keep driving, I pass them and it happens again, then another time in my rear view mirror after I have passed them. So we pull up to a light, I pull the ebrake and get out. the kid has his arm out the window I tell the childs mother that her son has a lazer pointer flashing in my eyes, she replies with "oh he's just a kid" so I tell her to take it away from him, she says no, so I reply with opening the kids door and grabbing it from his hand, then smashing it on the ground and walking away. the woman turned off at the next turn. How can someone be that way, really, honestly... I can't even comprehend. I know that wasn't the best solution, but you can only take so much stupidity from others, and some people need to know that not everyone will take this.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it is somewhat on topic....
END RANT!!

Yep! thats exactly what happend to me 3 weeks ago a lady cut me off and slammed her brakes on, and I slammed on my brakes and swerved to miss her causing me to do a 360. I hit the side of her car with the front of mine. she said I hit her on purpose! LMAO crazy.

If that were me and the kid were shining a lazer pointer in my eyes. I would of took the lazer pointer and pointed it in that Lousy Mothers eyes!:flag:

I hate people like that :mad: Today I was sitting in my car waiting for my father and this ancient couple parks next to me. The old guy gets out of the passenger side and WHAM his door goes into my car so hard the whole car shook. I get out and say HEY! Be carful you just slammed your door into my car :fuss: He says "no I didnt" I tell him the whole f'ing car moved and I could see the door rested against the car in my mirror, he says I night of leaned on the car but the door never touched it. Luckly the door just hit the tire so no dammage, but man I saw the whole thing and felt it and even jumped out and confronted him while the door was still touching my car but the f'er still just lied his arse off. I hate people :fuss:

End rant, kthxby :D

Her car handled the crash really well compared to your door. Hope everything gets worked out for you.

You could contact MPH in Katy and he'd likely help you with the new scoops and such. Good work from the cars I have seen :nice: