got my cobra killer kit installed this weekend

md1198p

Dec 22, 2002
vortech s trim on a completely stock automatic(99)

makes good power, but drives almost stock for normal driving. the car is an auto, and the shift points have been made a more aggressive, and firmed up. i got on it a few times, and it will break the tires loose from a 20 mph roll, and just roast them all the way down the street lol. it pulls real nice at higher speeds also. i am getting it dynoed soon, i will post my numbers so you auto guys looking for HP numbers will have an idea.

the cobra killer kits are great, comes with EVERYTHING, even plugs. i would reccomend them to anyone who wants to add a blower to a daily driver.

• Sponsors (?)

md1198p said:
vortech s trim on a completely stock automatic(99)

makes good power, but drives almost stock for normal driving. the car is an auto, and the shift points have been made a more aggressive, and firmed up. i got on it a few times, and it will break the tires loose from a 20 mph roll, and just roast them all the way down the street lol. it pulls real nice at higher speeds also. i am getting it dynoed soon, i will post my numbers so you auto guys looking for HP numbers will have an idea.

the cobra killer kits are great, comes with EVERYTHING, even plugs. i would reccomend them to anyone who wants to add a blower to a daily driver.

I've got a used vortech coming with everything and an air to air intercooler included for 2700... My 01 is an auto too. Can't wait!

bowens99GT said:
you dont sound as happy as the other guys do when they got their chargers. I'm also getting a vortech s or sq for my auto GT and im hoping for the best.
i have not gotten on it a lot yet, it needs to be dynoed to make sure it is safe...i am VERY happy

bowens99GT said:
you dont sound as happy as the other guys do when they got their chargers. I'm also getting a vortech s or sq for my auto GT and im hoping for the best.

uh? what justifies being happy? using a banana guy ---> :banana: lol

i think your reading too much into his post...sounded like he was happy to me.

Darkhorse845 said:
Congrats on your new kit! Tim is the man! :nice:
He makes one of the safest tunes!

this is the main reason i went with this kit. i actual was never nervous or worried about my car at all. a lot of people said go KB, but i am very glad i went this way, like i said, with normal driving you can barely notice it is there, except for the tweaked shifts and the noise(loud sucker! :banana: )(see i even used the banana to show how happy i am)

streetstang03 said:
your car was 100% stock before the s/c? not even exhaust?? If so, post up some #'s after you get it dynoed so we can see what the s/c does for a completely stock auto GT :nice: enjoy your ride and post some pics!!

yes it is( i even still have the cruddy 99 gt wheels), and that is exactly my plan.

XStanger said:
If you don't mind me asking, what was the total amount of the kit w/install?

Everything, kit, install(got a great price however) and little dumb stuff i had to buy, was pretty much exactly 5,000. that even includes the oil and filter for after taping the pan, and the boost and fuel preasure gauges i bought.