Got my Eibach Pro Kit

• Sponsors (?)

MGSTANG said:
Dude, you need an alignment. I only had 1.5" drop and it was WAY off. My car drove straight, but it was still way off. If you don't wanna waste money on tires. You should really get it done.
75% say It's not Needed Maybe Just in Spec and 25% like yourself say do it!!
see If I have it done i have to get C.C plates and that's 250 or so and then the Alinement of $50-$75.. So for something that hasn't shown Any ware or tear and Drives BETTER then before and Stright as an arrow I'm going to wait and see what 1000 miles looks liek on the tires Cus the tires will tell me if theres a problem!
Some one here on stang net has the same ones I have H&R super sports and has 10,000 miles and Not one tread shows any ware..
So I think like I said I'm going to Wait and see But It's with defently NOT REQUIRED according to Most guys who have my springs!
So I'll wait and see and Not jump on the band wagon and spend money and time for something that might be Just fine to start with..
P.s.
I'm not balsting you I hope it dosn't come off that way I'm just Saying .... :nice:

Oh, and Mustangworld's writeup on the spring install was great. I installed my sportlines last weekend. It took under 2.5 hours and we took our time. No spring compressors or anything was needed. I did one wheel at a time and used a prybar to pop the springs out. Once the A-arm or axle, (depending on front or rear) is completely lowered, there is no energy left in the spring and it just needs to be pulled out of its pocket. I have a saleen bodykit, (My second) and I can still go almost anywhere nervously, but take it slow and at an angle and you'll be ok.

turbogt said:
An alignment is definately necessary. Your suspension may look ok but your car will not handle correctly . I had severe oversteer on hard corners until I aligned mine.
You say "definatley" but Have you done alot of research into this Becuse I have and the Word definately mean YOU HAVE TO and Alot of people say your wrong I'm just saying It's not a For sure thing Ya maybe but Ya maybe NOT so let the guy instal the springs and drive it for a couple hundrand miles and then take a good look at the tires and see!
ALSO A GOOD alinement shop Won't even try to do a alinement UNLESS you have the C.C. plates and that's that!
Please understand I DID ALOT OF REASARCH before doing The job!
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

As mentioned already, your car may handle fine but anytime you change the geometry of the front end why would you not want to get it checked out. :shrug: Besides most places can get the front end back within spec without CC plates, providing you haven't dropped the car more than 1 1/2". If you have more than that... why are CC plates required.
I have C springs on my 00GT and it drove great after the install, two weeks later I had it checked and the right side was out of spec. I just installed the pro-kit on my 02GT last Sunday (seems several of us were tackling springs recently) and I will have it checked before the week is out.

Then again I'm talking about my car, tires and bushing.

-Cale

turbogt said:
It takes more than a couple hundred miles for the tires to noticeably wear incorrectly.

Ok I know I'm going to get Burned But you all convenced me to get a Alinment and Well with out getting the c.c.plates the dealer got it back to spec Except the right drivers was with in .0500 Of a degree But they said it would be more then fine and was with in spec if not better then the stock spec.
althought it took then 2 sets of 2x10 to get it up on the rack! ha ha :rlaugh:
They said If I went any lower I would HAVE to get the c.c.plates!
But get this becuse they couldn't get it dead on they only charged me $45 out the door! :flag:
Ok I know I was anti- Alinement so Go ahead and Burn me .. You all were..RIGHT! :rolleyes:

03Sleeper said:
Ok I know I'm going to get Burned But you all convenced me to get a Alinment and Well with out getting the c.c.plates the dealer got it back to spec Except the right drivers was with in .0500 Of a degree But they said it would be more then fine and was with in spec if not better then the stock spec.
althought it took then 2 sets of 2x10 to get it up on the rack! ha ha :rlaugh:
They said If I went any lower I would HAVE to get the c.c.plates!
But get this becuse they couldn't get it dead on they only charged me $45 out the door! :flag:
Ok I know I was anti- Alinement so Go ahead and Burn me .. You all were..RIGHT! :rolleyes:

That's so funny. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit and got the exact same results as you did with the H&R's. Same numbers on the right side and everything.

I did mine on a Saturday and had an appointment to get it lined up on Monday. I drove the car all weekend and it felt fine to me. I considered not having it done but since I had new Yokohama rubber on there I didn't want to ruin them. Sure enough the front was way, way out. It was $50.00 well spent. May as well do the job the right way. No sense in buying great parts and then half assing the job. Just my .02