Got my truck back

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
Well picked my truck up from Dodge today. As some of you know the CEL came on months ago but with it being wonter and snowing I couldn't take it to get fixed. I knew what the code was so I left it go. My mom droped it off Monday the 8th so they could start on it Tuesday. Well the girl called me tuesday night said the CEL was on for 2 reasons. 1. was for the Torque converter clutch solinold/Overdrive performance (which I new) the 2. was for some Evap thing. Had no idea about the second thing guess it showed up after I ran the codes. She said that untill they droped the trans they wouldn't know what was causing the TCC code and the evap one was due to lines that run to the canister being cracked and leaking. I told her ok do what ya gotta do It needs done. Well the second day its there on the way to work my car starts knocking like a son of a bitch so I have nothing to drive except fot the 66 stang (love driving it but its not an DD). Ok back to the truck, Girl didn't call me like she was suppose to so I called her the next day to see whats up she says my Torque Converter and some pump in the trans is shot and needs replaced. So I said do what ya gotta do not much i can do with it now that the trans is out of it. Only problem is teh pump they won't get for another week which puts it around the 18th. So she tells me the total will be 2012.21. I was hoping less then that but I can pull that off no big deal. So I call my extended warrenty people to see if any of it will be covered they say the lines should be but the TC won't be (figures they will cover the cheap ****) but the dealer had to call them to explain it more cause they didn't like the way I said it. So I don't hear from the dealer so I called Monday and she said "it should be done tonight talked to the warrenty people they need proof that you had the trans fluid changed twice during the time you've had it which I'll tell you now is bull cause its not recommended to change it that often. Have you had it done before?" I said yup the place I bought it did it but oly once she said well try and find somebody that will say they did it and get a paper. So I talked to my inspection guy which said he would. Called Dodge today and she said its done did you get them papers I said I got the one have to go get the other one how many miles are on it now so i got that info and got what I needed and called the warrenty. Guy said yes we need that info can you fax it to us I said yeah now my question is my truck is finished can you guys have this taken care of today or will it take a while cause I need my truck back tonight. And the guy goes " what its finished who told them to finished it? We usually need to inspect the truck first how much was the bill?" I said she told me it would be 2012.21 he says "yeah over 2000 we need to inspect the truck first I don't know if we can help you now that its finished we usually don't if the job is already done. You can send them papers but it may not do any good. You need to call the dealer and talk to them". So I call the dealer and told her what happend and she told me that she went over that with them before that i needed my truck back asap. She said to bring the papers to her and she would fight them to reimburse me. she said that or I need to put my foot down and fight to get the money back that I payed for the contract because they arn't paying for repairs. So I go to pick up my truck and the bill is 2619.97. ****ing 600 more then she told me it would be which pissed me off even more. I think I will call her again tomorrow and find out why it was 600 more then it was suppose to be and make sure she got the papers.

Sorry for the long post that just pisses me off that I payed extra for a warrenty and now they don't wanna pay and I had to pay 600 more then I was told it would be. Now I understand that happens sometimes your bill is higher but 600 bucks is not right. I should have been informed of this.

• Sponsors (?)

That why I'm hesitant about warranties. They seem to always not want to come through when you need them to. They always seem to pull out excuses out their asses on why they can't cover what they're suppose to. When I bought my truck last october, the dealership people kept bugging me to get the extended warranty and would not let up. I signed all the papers and I could've driven away but no, I had to listen to them for about 10 min. trying to make me buy the thing. Needless to say I didn't not get it for the same reason you're going through. But sucks for you anyway.

Why couldn't they(warranty people) tell you they had to inspect it before the job was finished?? Why can't you just show them the bad parts that were replaced?

That sucks. My in-laws we coaxed into buying an extended warranty on their Avalanche. It had less than 20k on it, and the inner pads failed cause the front calipers locked up. The only part that was covered was the calipers. They had to pay for pads and rotors. After screaming at GM for a while due to total lack of customer service, I had them get all their money back for the extended part of their warranty. If their gonna have to pay to fix stuff anyway like you did, what is the point.

I hope they get you taken care of. Seems like you were taken advantage of with the extra $600. I thought there was a limit to how much they could raise the bill without a phone call......

I know you needed your truck, but you shouldn't have paid or picked it up until the $600 difference was discussed and the situation was resolved, they are less liekly to do anything now as you ahve already paid them.