got some new wheels for the 65

tell me what you think...i went with some 15's even though the car has the original wheels from the factory....only because I want to get disk barkes for the front at least....

SSWheel-65.jpg

they are going onto this car:

year_in_hell_104.jpg

year_in_hell_163.jpg

Attachments

• SSWheel-65.jpg
    SSWheel-65.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 93
  • year_in_hell_163.jpg
    year_in_hell_163.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 78
  • year_in_hell_104.jpg
    year_in_hell_104.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

hotrodredneck said:
we just sold a 1997 GT to get her too...I cant wait...in about 2 weeks whe will be here...cant wait to drive her on the autobahn.

Well, I wouldn't try (or expect) to break any land speed records with her! That's 40+year old technology you've got there! Although I'm sure the autobahns are a far superior roadway to what we are used to here and provide lots of reaction time and car spacing.

I'll bet you just can't wait to get it! I can't even imagine what it feels like to wait for a car you've had to order.

The closest thing was about five years ago my dad bought a plane over the web and phone from Quebec and hired a pilot to fly out to the west coast for us. We were waiting with anticipation to see if it was all the inspection and photos made it out to be for a couple months. Just couldn't wait to fly it!

krash kendall said:
I'll bet you just can't wait to get it! I can't even imagine what it feels like to wait for a car you've had to order.

The closest thing was about five years ago my dad bought a plane over the web and phone from Quebec and hired a pilot to fly out to the west coast for us. We were waiting with anticipation to see if it was all the inspection and photos made it out to be for a couple months. Just couldn't wait to fly it!

we didnt order it...a buddy of ours in our club over here is selling her to us. But he is deployed right now. He gets back in 6 days. but yeah, it's hard not having my own stang in the garage...well ok, it's the wifes car, but mine too.

Wow, those aprons and towers sure are straight! You may want to try and find a three row rad, that one looks like a two row. Also, you appear to have a coolant leak. There is a dried up pool on your timing cover just below your fuel line bracket in front of the driver's side head.

Nice car. Very clean and original. Love the factory bench seat!

thanks, it was a Christmas gift FOR my wife....she is so happy to have it. I like the fact that it has power steering, but the manual brakes will take some getting used to. The only other issue with it is the ALT light, has a new red top and a brand new alt. need to do some research on it. We will post more pics after she gets cleaned up.

found a cool website to decode the car, here is what I found:

Classic Mustang Decoder Results

Warranty Number: 5F07A728159

Year: 5 1965

Plant: F Dearborn, MI

Body Series: 07 2 Door Hardtop

Engine: A 289 4v V8

Unit: 728159 728159

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data

Body: 65C 2 Door Hardtop, Standard Bench

Color: H Caspian Blue Metallic

Trim: 32 Blue Crinkle Vinyl, Bench Seat