GOT THE STANG PARKED FOR THE WINTER! ANYONE ELSE?

NoTopGT said:
Oh ya, my vert. gets stored in the winter except for some select dry days. A 96 with only 50K is not a bad thing!
your right a 96 with 50k on it isnt bad but i got you beat with my 95 gt with only 38,000 miles on it! damn i'll never get this thing broke in but i'll prob. break it again :D hopefully i'll get the int. gutted out and the heads and intake off it here this year. my next thing is tranny. and wheels! yes i did say tranny again but this will be the last one tho :D peace

john :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

I would like to put it into temp hibernation but I dont have a garage :( Does anyone know of a decent/low cost car cover for fox bodies? Thought about giving her a couple coats of wax and cover it up for the winter (keep the crap, sap, and rain off her) :shrug:

I'd love to have winter car to drive, but alas...I'll be driving the Mach through the rain all winter (no snow! I'll bus it first). I do have a car cover for it, but with driving it daily there isn't much time to cover it. Just good wax and hopefully no cracked windshield or rock chips.

I'm just hoping I can make it through the winter on these stock crappy Goodyear gatorbacks with 16,000 miles. They really suck in the rain!
I've already got close to spinning out a couple times in the rain and a close call or two. I sure hope it doesn't get smashed before next spring?

SMOKEDYA said:
your right a 96 with 50k on it isnt bad but i got you beat with my 95 gt with only 38,000 miles on it! damn i'll never get this thing broke in but i'll prob. break it again :D hopefully i'll get the int. gutted out and the heads and intake off it here this year. my next thing is tranny. and wheels! yes i did say tranny again but this will be the last one tho :D peace

Damb! a 95 with 38k is awesome! Have you had it since it was new?? You went through a tranny already??

I bought mine in July 04 with 49,700 miles. I don't think it has been driven in the rain at all, The door, trunk and under hood jams are perfect. The weather stripping and convertable top is perfect....I tend to keep it this way. I am considering a S/C if I can convince the wife it's a smart purchase..

NoTopGT said:
Damb! a 95 with 38k is awesome! Have you had it since it was new?? You went through a tranny already??

I bought mine in July 04 with 49,700 miles. I don't think it has been driven in the rain at all, The door, trunk and under hood jams are perfect. The weather stripping and convertable top is perfect....I tend to keep it this way. I am considering a S/C if I can convince the wife it's a smart purchase..
no i bought it in 2001 with 32,000 miles on it the reason i went threw the tranny's already is 1: the first one i'm not shure of the milage cause it was org.an auto car and someone replaced it with the 5 spd.
2: after VANCOUVER FORD (dont ever go there) ****ed it up i had to get a new one cause they only replaced one gear and the rest was junk.
3:that one i blew out 3rd gear racing it damn i need to learn to drive :nonono:
4: now this one it's fine but i want a tremic.
mine had a few bolt on's cam etc. when i bought it :D and i've done tons more to it suspension etc. all i think i need now are the heads and intake i was going to go all out but me and a buddy picked up an 80 coupe 4 banger that we are puting a 5.0 or something in and it will be a stright out drag car. i'll be happy to get into the 12's with mine then just keep it as new as possible. i'm doing a cage for looks and you never know i just might need it.
so my plans for the winter are the cage,full steeda billet int. and real carbon fiber switch trim and radio surrounding, wheels and thats prob. it just a nice plush farly quick street car, something that if i go to the shows and win so it be if not then well at least it was fun and to have people on the street to say WOW NICE CAR . peace

Skoobie said:
I would like to put it into temp hibernation but I dont have a garage :( Does anyone know of a decent/low cost car cover for fox bodies? Thought about giving her a couple coats of wax and cover it up for the winter (keep the crap, sap, and rain off her) :shrug:
i might have a car cover for you it's brand new we just wanted a better one for our's check back on here tomorrow and i'll let you know. peace

Its been parked since Labor day. I have actually been offered a large sum for it about 2 wks ago from a collector in Ohio, which I'm still thinking about, so it might be parked for good if he takes it.

BTW, it will be in a national calender for sale sometime this month. Not really sure of the name of the calender, but it's sold in Barnes and Noble. Its "August" if your intrested.

saleenster said:
Its been parked since Labor day. I have actually been offered a large sum for it about 2 wks ago from a collector in Ohio, which I'm still thinking about, so it might be parked for good if he takes it.

BTW, it will be in a national calender for sale sometime this month. Not really sure of the name of the calender, but it's sold in Barnes and Noble. Its "August" if your intrested.

OMG----Say it aint so? :shrug: Sell the Saleen? WTF!
Cash talks I guess, can't blame you for at least pondering the offer.

Is a 05/06 Saleen in your future plans?

Change is good sometime....I sold mine in September for a 03 Mach! Love the power!! :nice:

Guyster99GT said:
OMG----Say it aint so? :shrug: Sell the Saleen? WTF!
Cash talks I guess, can't blame you for at least pondering the offer.

Is a 05/06 Saleen in your future plans?

Change is good sometime....I sold mine in September for a 03 Mach! Love the power!! :nice:

Your right Guy, $$ talks, and so my wife and I are listening.

No, I have no intrest in a new Saleen, in fact, I'm very disappointed with Steve's new product. I had a C4 and my wife had one when we met, but I have no intrest in going back to the Corvette world. Perhaps an S351 down the road could be a possibility, but for now, I enjoy what I currently have.

I have not seen your new Mach, but they sure are an awesome car

saleenster said:

WOW never thought Cory would even think of selling the saleen. :rolleyes: Guess money really does talk. Guess you will have the money for a drag car then?

Andy