gotta have my cruise!

does anyone know how to rig up the cruise with out having the computer in place. i know by looking at some of the wiring diagrams that when i took my computer and harness out of the car that the vehicle speed sensor(vss) wires ran into the computer . i have no problems with putting the computer back in the car but i dont want to put the whole harness back in ,just the nessesary's to get the cruise back in working order .or if a wiring whiz out there may know some way to bypass some stuff to get it working again would be good to. mustang week 2007 is comming up soon and 400 miles is a long way to drive with out cruise. thanks for any help!!!!!!!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Not simple, but if you connect the VSS sensor to the cruse control amplifer under the dash, it coud be done. You would need to be very good at reading electrical diagrams and chasing wiring. That's a talent I haven't seen much of here on Stangnet.

If you decide to do it, I will email you the 89 Mustang wiring diagram package I have. It is a 2.8 MB zipped PDF file. The package is too big to pass through Stangnet's email gateway, so I will need your regular email address. You would need WinZip to decompress it and Adobe Reader to view the PDF. The Adobe Acrobat viewer is a free download – http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html