Graduated Air Force Basic Today!!!!!!

bryce93lx

Jan 20, 2006
Luke AFB AZ
Hey guys some of you remeber me some of you may not anyways, i left home seven weeks ago as a overweight undisciplined civilian, and today i am a Airman First Class in the world greatest AIR FORCE !!!!! hanging out with my parents, going to a hockey game later. It is hard to put into words how amazing the last few days have been, with the Airman's run retreat and the graduation parade. It was all awesome after seven weeks of suck. Happy for it to be over and can't wait to get the heck off lackland. Just thought i would let you know i made it. Hope all is well with everyone. I should have my laptop in a few weeks and be right back bicker'n with the posse' :SNSign: :SNSign: :flag: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Good job on graduating :nice: I did the same thing back in 1997, and i havent regretted it since. If you do go to Sheppard for your tech school, please listen to me...

DO NOT GO TO THE TATTOO SHOP THAT IS RIGHT OUTSIDE THE BASE!!!!!!

that place screwed up a bunch of tattoos when i was there. Ask me how i know... (rhetorical question)

Congrats......I remember when I graduated boot camp in the Navy. I know the feeling. It was a rough 9 weeks. But I would gladly go back and do it again. I actually had a lot of fun. Lots of memories that I will always have. Enjoy your time in the military. And what tech school did the Chair Force send you too? The Navy sent me to Electronic Technician schools. Which put me half way towards my bachelor's in electrical engineering.

Thanks guys, i am going to shepard on monday, i will be a tactical aircraft mech on f-16 or f-17 my parents are here for graduation and town pass so that is a lot of fun getting a few minutes to relax and prepare myself for tech school. Marching down the bomb run was a amazing experiance, but yes the last seven weeks sucked, accept kp and the last part of 6th week.

What squadron were you in? I just graduated from the 320th last March. It was a lot tougher than I had expected, but a decent experience overall. I thought kp duty sucked, I only did it once, and that is when we had to. I didn't volunteer for it at all, and we had the opportunity like 3 times. Make the best of your experience at Sheppard and try not to be bored, cause that place isn't that fun!

I enjoyed my time at Shepard, but that was many, many years ago. I got married about 3 weeks into my time at tech school, so I got to live off base. I showed up for formation to march to school and when school was over, I marched back to my squadron. My ex wife picked me up and I got to home to a garage apartment off base. No floors to polish, no KP to pull, no living in the middle of a buffalo herd. Wichita Falls was a good place to live, nice town with plenty of fun stuff to do.

I'm stationed at DMAFB in Tucson now. Isn't the 324th the one they call Candy Land? A couple of my good buddies from tech school went through the 324th and they said it was cake compared to what we went through, but I guess each TI is different!