Grant Signature Series wheels?

EP429

Jun 30, 2007
Central Texas
I along with many of you, I'm sure, am victim to the lousy design that is Grant's classic horn button. I have the black rubber-foam wheel thing, which looks ok, but I haven't heard my horn since I rigged it up for inspection the last time they bothered to check.
Has anyone tried the Grant Signature Series wheels? The horn design looks less like the old ones and closer to something that might actually work.
Here's the one I'm looking at
470-1178.jpg

Grant 1178 Grant Mahogany Collectors Edition Steering Wheels

• Sponsors (?)

I have one that has a horn button that looks like that. Works good as you must remove the 5 allen head screws from the chrome ring for the horn button to come off. My wheel I have is fairly flat and you need the extension mount that grant sells so it clears the turn sig. lever. I had the others and this is much better.

A friend has one close to it but there is not the separate ring on the top side. That button will pull out from the front and I don't like it that much.

I agree. That horn button is crap.

I just bought a new wood one for my 69, and I looked for a polished one, but couldn't find one for Mustangs in the same diameter. Last night I installed my scat seats, and with the large diameter wheel and high bolster supports of the seats, getting in and out is a chore. I might have to rethink my steering wheel.

I agree. That horn button is crap.

I just bought a new wood one for my 69, and I looked for a polished one, but couldn't find one for Mustangs in the same diameter. Last night I installed my scat seats, and with the large diameter wheel and high bolster supports of the seats, getting in and out is a chore. I might have to rethink my steering wheel.

Grant might not make a polished horn button that says "Mustang" but if you can settle for "Ford" then you are in luck. I had the polished horn button on my Collector's Edition wheel. The horn always worked and the horn button looked good. I took the wheel off and replaced it with a "new" rim blow.

Grant Products 5875 - Grant Horn Buttons - Overview - SummitRacing.com