Great Mustang Commerical

• Sponsors (?)

I remember watching that commercial when it debuted during the 2005 Super Bowl. I was a month away from heading back to Iraq for my second tour when I saw it. As an old Marine I still get misty eyed every time that I see it.
I've had three people send it to me in the last couple months.

Bah with all that build up I was expecting at least a Shelby GT if not a full blown GT500. I mean his dad has one! :)

P.S. If only we could buy every returning soldier a GT...man oh man.

This commercial has been playing in the lobby of my local Ford dealer for the past two and a half years. Honestly.

I love the GT500 commercial more. "Couldn't find a car you liked here in Germany?" "No, couldn't find a speed limit I liked in America." :flag:

And to add, its a good gesture but I doubt all soldiers come home and want Mustangs. My roommate came back from Iraq and was glad to drive his Ranger around. The important thing was that he came back.

Well, you gotta love the patriotic theme and the "Dock in Germany" was great, but you're all wrong. THE coolest car commercial ever was the 2004 "Field of Dreams" Mustang spot with the Steve McQueen lookalike. I actually cried, well maybe not, but I did have a tear in my eye. Whoever made that commercial was a bonafide Mustang nutcase.

It wasnt a look alike. They digitally put his face on a dude. But yeah it was a good one. I'll say my favorite now that I remember has always been the GT revving to the national anthem. Got me every time.

That was great.
My parents are gone now but when I came home from the army in 1970, they had my 1963 Falcon Sprint all ready to go for me. It brought back good memories for me.

Woody