Attachments

• 1976-AMC-Gremlin-X-Package-custom-s.jpg
    1976-AMC-Gremlin-X-Package-custom-s.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 64
  • street11.jpg
    street11.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

If it has a 304 I think you would have a hard time keeping up. Gremlin only weighs probably 2400lbs and they Hit and Get when they have any kind of power under the hood. I can see it has 29"-31" tires and if he has anything to back those tires up you can give it up.

Well, Roni, I have PLENTY of pictures from our local racetrack that show the S197 as a slow dog, but am hesitant to post them for fear of backlash. :( We have a local Mustang II capable of spankin' most Saleen S/C and Roush S197s. But, dear God, if I present said evidence and photos, I must be anti-stang.

Judging by the rear slicks and guessing that they are not there for looks, that gremiln would smoke the GT. There is a hornet s/c at my local track running low 13's. I have to say that driving that gremlin would be a little squirrly.

Umm, the Gremlin is a purpose built drag car?! :rolleyes: :D

Exactly! The question is...can you cruise in it with your significant other with a suitcase or 2 and take a several hundred mile trip anywhere in it? You can in F/I S197 and could possibly see low 11s, if not 10s depending on the setup:D

Hmm, seems to me there is a Shelby GT500 that runs 9.9s and is still very much streetable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ari3hZJXs

I LOVE Pacers. Gremlins are cool too. I have an unhealthy fascination with ugly cars. Actually owned a '72 Honda Z600 for awhile. :D

~SM

(Not mine, BTW, mine was yellow)

Attachments

• MicroRU02_HondaZ600_01_th.jpg
    MicroRU02_HondaZ600_01_th.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 55
Whats the point of you guys bashing the II? Its a Mustang right? I have a 78 Mustang II and I also own a 2007 GT and I love both of them the same. The II is a part of Mustang history if you like it or not. And for all of you bashing them have you ever drivin one or seen one in person? you might change your mind about them.
Pat

Whats the point of you guys bashing the II? Its a Mustang right? I have a 78 Mustang II and I also own a 2007 GT and I love both of them the same. The II is a part of Mustang history if you like it or not. And for all of you bashing them have you ever drivin one or seen one in person? you might change your mind about them.
Pat

Stuff even a factory engine from the last of the Fox years and see that sucker go!:nice: Decent power in a light car.

Status
Not open for further replies.