Grill Delete Mod

SRMobile

Trend Micro poster child
Jun 1, 2004
Last night on my way home from a friends, some #$%^& in an integra threw a HUGE rock and it hit my hood and part of my grill.. Its all screwed up. Went to Ford to get an estimate (yeah I followed the car, but I thought it could have been a bird or something, didnt know until I got home) .. Either way, irrelevant, I'm screwed for a hood/grill/bumper repair after driving for 2 months and less then 5000KM's...

So I figure I may as well take out the grill, but looking at it, looks like the Pony is part of the grill... The dealer said that it was pre 99's that were able to do this mod... Is this true ?? Can I still do it ?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

grilledelete.jpg

this is on a 2004 gt
bought the kit from steeda for around 50 bucks :nice:

Mach 1 grill delete. Got one on order from www.mustangtuning.com

Not that it matters, but the insurance company would have considered it road debris and the other guy would not be liable. Only way you could get money from him is if you scared the piss out of him and he gave it to you himself.

I know how you feel. I had a cement truck fling up a rock and put two big chips in my drivers side front fender about a month ago. I now have about 6k on my 04 GT. Man was I :mad:

I have the grille delete and it works perfect!

Steeda, MustangTuning, CDC, and others usually sell the OEM Mach 1 delete kit. MustangTuning is pretty cheap and easy to install. All of the kits include the pony.

Thanks for the support guys.
Man I hear ya I was @#$^ when I got home and saw that... but in the end, what can I do..

So the Mach1 grill delete is the way to go ? If I ordered this through a dealership, would this be the same thing ? I get abit of a discount on parts so I'm wondering what would be cheaper/easier.

SRMobile said:
Thanks for the support guys.
So the Mach1 grill delete is the way to go ? If I ordered this through a dealership, would this be the same thing ? I get abit of a discount on parts so I'm wondering what would be cheaper/easier.

Are you seriously thinking that it would be cheaper OR easier to go through a dealership? :nonono:

This is an OEM part from mustangtuning mach1 delete

If you like the look of no grill then you can get the Steeda grill delete from partshopper for under 50 bucks. It's the exact same ford parts that are one the Mach1. If you really just want a stock grill I'm sure there are a ton of people on the board that have done the delete and would let you have their grill cheap.