Roush GT-40 MK1b

Hey guys,
Well my dad went and took a look on how our gt-40 was coming along and he snapped some pics of it. It's all original with the exception of the brakes, and I believe the mirror placements. The brakes were changed out because this car will be raced on a race course and he doesn't want to take any chances, and don't worry the original ones are in our shop for if and when he wants to sell it. It's apparently a freaking monster to drive. Hope yall enjoy..
View attachment 404510

View attachment 404512

• Sponsors (?)

I know exacyly what it is.:D

Ford-GT40-LeMans-Victory-1966.jpg

Attachments

• Ford-GT40-LeMans-Victory-1966.jpg
    Ford-GT40-LeMans-Victory-1966.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 96
There ya go, except those are Mk2's. Basically the same thing except those came with either 351w or 427sideoiler motors. The 427's were bad ass. The Mk1b's came with 289's, that were all done up. As soon as we go and pic up the car expect more pics.. As of right now our car is putting down 690hp at the flywheel at 8200 rpm. I think those were the last numbers, I don't recall the tq. But these cars were ment for high reving high hp due to there constant 200+mph.

I've got to know the value of that thing, seems like something that comes from barrett jackson.
May not be polite to ask, but i'm doing it anyway.
She's a beauty.

Well it's pretty much priceless, due to the history. But I believe one sold about a year ago for about 1+ million dollors, but it wasn't restored or anything. I'm guessing our car is worth alot more. The car will probably be in the Montery Historics next year. Out of the whole "shelby corral" my dad has owned 3 out of 4 cars. They only car he hasn't owned is a Daytona Coupe, mainly because they are all in showrooms and museums. But he has owned a 65 R-code shelby, he ownes the GT-40, and a 427 cobra. All of which is original. Enjoy!!