GT 500 WOT steering issues

Discussion in '2007 - 2014 Shelby GT500 Tech' started by flyinghigh217, Oct 31, 2007.

1. flyinghigh217

flyinghigh217 New Member

Does anyone else w/ a GT500 have trouble w/ the car 'weaving' back and forth under straight line WOT (wide open throttle) acceleration? Mine is hard to hold on the road at anything past 60 mph under full throttle. Yes it does have 550 RWHP but that should not make it hard to drive considering what it has stock from the factory. Any feedback will be appreciated.

2. Alloy Snake

Alloy Snake New Member

I noticed the same problem,I have the same horsepower/torque.The extra horsepower seems to basically overpower the traction control system.If I had to guess I would say bigger and better tires may help stabilize.I am looking for the same solution as well as a way to harness the horsepower,Even from a roll start once you nail it traction goes away.I am averaging 12.5 at 118mph in the quarter mile.With stock tires-Just too much wheel spin.

3. MRaburn

MRaburn Founder Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I have 11" rears with 295/35s. I see no such issue with mine as you describe, so it may be a rear tire width issue. You could probably fit some 295s on that stock rim.

4. lambbo

lambbo New Member

It's all the soft bushing ford gave us. Mine went away when I lowered and put the BMR Adj. Pan Hard on. Same thing with the wheel hop. Either lower it or you'll need UCA and LCA's.

5. steemin

steemin Member

+1

Scott