gt cluster in 95 v6 car

• Sponsors (?)

The answer is.. yes and no. Yes, it will work, but only partially. You can only use the actual gauges etc from the GT cluster, but NOT the entire unit. The back circuit board from the GT can NOT be used with the V6. The problem with this is that the GT's back circuit board has different electronic traces on the back side... means it's just wired slightly different for a couple different sensors. Plugging that entire unit into the V6 harness can result in a severely malfunctioning cluster. I can't really explain more without confusing you hehe. If you simply want only the gauges, then read the entire write-up I made below. I swapped gauges on my 96 and had to learn... Now, you may be able to get away with only swapping the speedo assembly. But either way, the odometer will be EXEMPT from now on within your insurance etc.

This is what you can do. You can take the GT's gauges and swap them into the V6 cluster. To do this, using a torx driver (star) remove all the brass colored torx screws that hold the lens face onto the cluster front. Remove the lens, and then carefully unplug each section of gauges. I believe they are separated into 3 sections. The right side with Voltage and OIl Pressure, middle section is Tach and Speedo, and left side is Coolant temp and Fuel level. The gauges are merely plugged into the lower board with stiff connection pins that slide in. While removing, careful not to touch the gauge needles because pressing on them may damage them. After removing all the gauges, do the same exact procedure to the V6 cluster. Then just simply plug the GT's gauges into the V6's cluster. One other thing, looking at the back on the GT's circuit board, look directly behind the fuel gauge. There, you will see a small board that is plugged into a slot. This is a Fuel Anti Slosh circuit. Carefully slide that board out and then replace into your V6 cluster. This circuit works better with the other gauges that the existing one, which may cause problems.