GT TAKEOFF BUMPERS?

Jeya3_1

Apr 13, 2005
I need to find a GT rear bumper in SONIC BLUE. I contacted V6mustangstuff, but they don't have it in that color nor will they be getting any more in. I got hit :bang: , so im trying to find a replacement gt takeoff bumper thats already painted instead of bringing it to a body shop and getting charged 600 for it to be fixed and repainted. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GO for the takeoff bumper.

• Sponsors (?)

I checked with Saleen already, and they said they only have the whole conversion kit. They don't sell it individually. I called cal-mustangs.com and they said they only have one in silver. I checkd on ebay, but couldn't find one in SONIC blue. My other option is to just get any GT bumper and just get it painted. Does anyone know how much that might run to get a bumper painted? Or does anyone know any other place i can check online?

assuming that you install the bumper yourself, and only drop off the bumper at the shop, it should run you about 2.6 hours of refinish time. then add for materials, and you are looking at about $200-$300. the rear bumper itself from ford is about $210 for the GT.

I guess thats not too bad because i brought my car to a local body shop and they quoted me 596 to repair the bumper and repaint it. So that'll save me a little money. I still prefer to find a GT takeoff to make it easier and cheaper. I found this web site but not sure if its dependable or whether they have SONIC blue in stock.(still waiting for their response)

http://www.speedconcepts.net/product_info.php?products_id=683

Anyone have any experience with this website?

I'm guessing that means no one has dealt with that website. Well, let me be the first to say DDDOOOONNNN'''TTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered my part from them and i have not recieved ANYTHING:mad: :mad: :mad: ...i have emailed them 5 times with no response. I asked for my money back, and NOTHING! NO RESPONSE AT ALL!!!!! just a little warning for anyone who comes across this website and wants to buy something from them.

Well....today i actually got a e-mail from them. they said:

"Last Sonic blue bumper was damaged beyond being presentable to sell. We
waited 1.5 week for more inventory, but we're being told that there are
no more units since the Sonic Blue was a 2005 Color and all incoming
inventory are 2006 colors.

Since we cannot get anymore from our distribution channels, a full
refund is being processed back to customer's card."

but because of their lack of communication, it's hard to believe them. Hopefully they'll give me a refund asap so i could jes go out and buy an bumper from ford. and get it painted.