GT40 alum heads CA emissions legal?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, I just started reading "92greenlx's" post about emissions I think I need to read up and learn more before take my car to Cali. and the offroad pipe is going to have to go.

deltusurf said:
Thanks, I just started reading "92greenlx's" post about emissions I think I need to read up and learn more before take my car to Cali. and the offroad pipe is going to have to go.

or at least temporarily replaced bythe stock one for inspection. :D

haha "Stock one" thats a joke I live in FL now. I tossed that thing as soon as I had it unbolted. Never would have though I'd want to go to CA. If I go I'm out the money to buy some cats.

The aluminum heads were never standard equipment or optional equipment on Cobras. The Cobras (w/5.0L) came with cast iron GT40 heads, different than the GT40 X, Y or Z heads from Ford Racing. The X and Y heads have the passages for air injection and egr; whether or not they have a qualifying CARB number I don't know. The Z head is newer (last couple of years) -- don't know if it's set up to receive the smog equipment or if it has a CARB number either. FRPP can tell you -- that's who I'd call.

Michael Yount said:
The aluminum heads were never standard equipment or optional equipment on Cobras. The Cobras (w/5.0L) came with cast iron GT40 heads, different than the GT40 X, Y or Z heads from Ford Racing. The X and Y heads have the passages for air injection and egr; whether or not they have a qualifying CARB number I don't know. The Z head is newer (last couple of years) -- don't know if it's set up to receive the smog equipment or if it has a CARB number either. FRPP can tell you -- that's who I'd call.

Sorry just read the GT40 part still thou I doubt they will be changing the CR enought to cause any problems. And in a visual inspection they shouldnt be noticed.