GT40 heads,Trick flow intake with TFS stg 1 cam?

89fiveliter

Nov 5, 2009
I am shooting for as fast as i can go with virtually not much money spent, like most other broke people!
89 GT 5 speed 210k miles
These are the times ive ran and the mods at the time, all @ 11 degrees of timing stock suspension. 1/8th mile of course
9.21 @ 77mph with 2.0 60ft on street tires
MODS:
pullies
65mm tb
longtubes,o/r h-pipe with mac dumps
smog pump delete
3:73's
Pep boys clutch (Remember im broke)

8.90 @ 79mph 2.1 60ft on street tires
same mods as above with
76mm mass air and cold air intake
trunk mounted battery
sway bar off

Now i might be buying a set of gt40p's, TFS stage 1 cam lifters and TFS spring kit, 1.7 roller rockers, Trick flow street intake and its going on a 40k mile 1990 short block. Is anybody running a similar combo? And am i going to see much of a difference at the track? If so what are people with this combo running? If its not much faster than a 8.7- 8.6 I might just spray the stock motor in it now til she blows. I believe i can get a 8.7 or 8.6 with the stock motor setup in it now if i can 2.0 60ft again but with all i have on it now. I did some more weight reduction so I'm assuming with the right launch it should be do able. If not much of a gain will be achieved with the H/C/I setup I'll just try to build a decent 306 and muster up some dough for aluminum heads when this motor blows. Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated!!!! Or other low budget combos opinions would be nice......

Im getting the heads and roller rockers for $250, TFS cam kit for $190, TrickFlow intake....free... and short block...free!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd also like to know if anyone else runs this combo and how they like it. My goal is mid 12's N/A. And I'm most likely gonna do a 306 with ported GT40P's , TFS Stage 1 cam, and the street heat TFS intake I already have.

Hi I have a 87 lx with gt40ps and tfs1 cam 70 mm tb 24lb injectors performer rpm intake and 1.6 rr 3.55 gears and 5 speed and runs ok. Love the sound but hoped the performance would be more. Haven't had it tuned yet pulls good from 2500 to only 5000. Cam is advertised 2500 to 5500 but mine seems to struggle to pull to 5500 Think I need to turn up fuel pressure or get bigger injectors then possibly a tune. Best 1/4 mile time with stock motor 13.98 don't remember mph think it was 98 something after hci 13.71 at 102.6 car still won't 60 ft both 60ft was 2..03. Hope this helps

thanks for the input, i might just go with some roush200 heads and a tfs stage 1 cam i think then. Id like to go with the stage 2 cam if possible, i think that might have some clearance issues though.......