GT40 intake VS Edelbrock 5.0 performer

• Sponsors (?)

You need to let them know that they are well UN-informed:)

The Performer 5.0 flows just as much and a bit more than the Gt-40...and both can be ported to match.

Performer is just fine for that combination:nice:

A Performer flows in the 209-220 CFM range, while the Gt-40 runs in the 205 CFM range.

Ported, they flow very very close...both of them - Explorer and Performer, around 230 cfm for the lower.

CFM is cubic feet per minute.

In other words, it flows plenty for you...

Does any big vendor still sell a complete Gt-40 upper/lower any more, new?

You need to let them know that they are well UN-informed:)

The Performer 5.0 flows just as much and a bit more than the Gt-40...and both can be ported to match.

Performer is just fine for that combination:nice:

A Performer flows in the 209-220 CFM range, while the Gt-40 runs in the 205 CFM range.

Ported, they flow very very close...both of them - Explorer and Performer, around 230 cfm for the lower.

CFM is cubic feet per minute.

In other words, it flows plenty for you...

Does any big vendor still sell a complete Gt-40 upper/lower any more, new?

:Word:

as much as i hate to admit it, being a cobra intake owner, the performer flow a tad bit better. both are great intakes though.

What GT40 intake? Big difference from Explorer/Cobra to Tubular.

Not in stock form. They all use the same lower which is the flow limiter. Jeff Chambers flow test a GT40 and An Explorer intake at Victory Engines on the SAME lower and the GT40 flowed 206cfm and the Explorer flowed 209cfm. Anderson Ford did a dyno test on the GT40/Cobra/Explorer and throughout the entire 2,200-6,600 rpm band on the same test mule there was 2-3 HP difference in any intake at any point.

Not in stock form. They all use the same lower which is the flow limiter. Jeff Chambers flow test a GT40 and An Explorer intake at Victory Engines on the SAME lower and the GT40 flowed 206cfm and the Explorer flowed 209cfm. Anderson Ford did a dyno test on the GT40/Cobra/Explorer and throughout the entire 2,200-6,600 rpm band on the same test mule there was 2-3 HP difference in any intake at any point.

What start at 2,200 GT40 combos are know for pulling down low. A home port job is free and easy.

enyawix
you need to check out tmoss's site; he's the guru of porting intakes and possible any other aspect when it comes to intakes imo.

Hahaha...i was going to say the same thing. Enyawix you seem to be one of those guys that knows every single word that aftermarket manufacturers put on their part advertisements! :rlaugh: Tmoss is the Intake porting guy! I think he may know a little better than you, the complex workings of the ford intake manifolds.

I would love to see you do a home porting job of an upper/lower intake and then flow bench it. I would like to see the flow rate Standard Dev. of all the runners. Then i would like to compare that to Tmoss'. Its not a good think for one cylinder to get more air than another...that leads to swiss cheese pistons!

poster...stick with the performer!

Hahaha...i was going to say the same thing. Enyawix you seem to be one of those guys that knows every single word that aftermarket manufacturers put on their part advertisements! :rlaugh: Tmoss is the Intake porting guy! I think he may know a little better than you, the complex workings of the ford intake manifolds.

I would love to see you do a home porting job of an upper/lower intake and then flow bench it. I would like to see the flow rate Standard Dev. of all the runners. Then i would like to compare that to Tmoss'. Its not a good think for one cylinder to get more air than another...that leads to swiss cheese pistons!

poster...stick with the performer!

porting is math no more no less. As a Computer science major it is not that hard. Get a life

And I'm a Mechanical Engineer with plenty of "Math" and Fluid/Thermo Dynamics knowledge...so I'm pretty sure i know whats going on. Its not all math. I would dare to say that most professional head porters aren't mathematicians.