gt40 setup?

pomofro

Jul 3, 2003
i was thinking getting gt40 heads, intakes and getting them fully ported. i have a full exhaust right now but is this a good way to go? what kind of gains will i see?

• Sponsors (?)

The gt-40 heads fully ported will flow alot more air than your E7s. As for the gt-40 intake...i really dont like it. There are better and cheaper intakes out there. The Eldebrock and Trick flow intakes are nice and alot cheaper. But everyone has there opinions right?

Unless a set of gt40s fall into your lap and/or you can port heads yourself, just wait and get some box stock aluminum heads. gt-40 heads still pull down $400ish all the time and by the time you pay to have someone port them, your just going to have a set of heavy heads that still dont flow as well as most aluminum heads do.

Take care
Jeff
www.stangonline.com - Mustang Auctions

well take a look at my combo...the car is a 5 speed now and I have the GT-40X heads ported and polished...I put down 291RWHP and 322RWTQ without a tune or the pulley's...in regards to the GT-40 intake...I don't know what Mike Keirstead is talking about...it is a PERFECT intake that preseves low end due to its long runner desing. Sure there are cheaper high RPM intakes such as the Performer with shorter runners out there but the GT-40 with a mild clean up job right by the injector area gives you the best of both worlds. Just my $.02

Highbredcloud said:
...in regards to the GT-40 intake...I don't know what Mike Keirstead is talking about...it is a PERFECT intake that preseves low end due to its long runner desing.

I have had the Gt-40 intake....TFS street heat....Eldebrock Performer (not rpm)

And i like the TFS the best. Yes the gt-40 would perform just as well as the other two with a little working but throw that on top of the already 575-600 (new) and you got yourself one damn expensive intake....i got my TFS used (250) and ported it for 150. I just sold my old gt-40 for 400 with a bcam cause i changed to the TFS. The TFS provides the same low end torque and more upper rpm power than the gt-40. especially when ported. I think he could take advantage of the Ported gt-40 heads with a TFS or a performer.
The RPM is the one with the shorter runners not the performer.

I am just speaking from experience and the last time i checked he was asking for opinions. :D

Or you can buy a used Explorer (same power as a GT40 or Cobra) for $200-250 (or less if you get lucky -seen em go for $100-150) and let me port the lower. $340-$390 total. Best of both - long runner intake that flows really well to match the ported Gt40 heads.