GT500 Colors, Stripes and such

mike0783

Jan 25, 2006
Well, as if the GT500 wasn't unattainable for me to begin with, I see the results of that auction - $600K. Oh well, guess I'll just keep on dreaming.

The article on this site was pretty interesting though. I found it interesting that the LeMans stripes and the side stripes will be a delete option on the coupe, as will the side stripes on the convertible. I wonder what the popular choices will be for that and what those collector types might choose.

It might be neat to delete the LeMans stripes and side stripes and prowl around in stealth mode!

I guess I'll go back to dreaming

93 Mustang GT, 5spd black

• Sponsors (?)

tungsten silver, white stripes.

1. won't put up with dealer jive (have talked in person with a couple).

2. know when i'm being jerked around. too many salivating customers, too much anxiety and hype. hey, fellas, this is just a car.

3. will see how the dust settles, what the car actually looks like, actually costs, whether it runs or not.

4. in the meantime enjoying my '05 GT. no complaints. just put in a top-of-the-line radar detector because I just can't help myself.

:flag:

IF I were to get one - Tungsten, no stripes...would almost consider painting and clearing the silver stripes on the car... anyone have any experience with this? Can it be done without messing up the paint in general? (all paint experiences I have ever had were nightmares).

Jeff

07SHELBYCOBRA said:
I noticed that they are not offering Yellow. Instead they are offering Grabber Orange. What does everyone think about the Grabber Orange?:shrug:

The 1970 Boss has grabber orange as an option,,, if you ask me , it looks more yellow than orange,,, not as screamin tho:)
http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/HI50276

btw, I think someone should repost that shelby color/stripe view program now !,,,
:flag: