GT500 Lip installation on a GT

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by gashog, Feb 14, 2008.

1. I know! I rolled up in the stang thinking I would take it home right there and I laughed at the guy when he brought the box out.

Looks great on your car PSYKOSTEVO :nice:

2. I know! I rolled up in the stang thinking I would take it home right there and I laughed at the guy when he brought the box out.

Looks great on your car PSYKOSTEVO :nice:

3. To cover up the holes in the lip I bought the screwtype body clips. Then I superglued those SOBs on there. So now it looks kinda like plastic rivets. Don't have a closeup of thsoe yet. Just got a new phone yesterday and need to take new pics.

Here's a better pic of my lip:

front.jpg

4. Great write-up. Keep up the good work, seems like we have another "TacoBill" on our hands.

5. Does anyone have any issues with the lip coming off at speed? I just installed mine tonight and I am a little concerned about the ride into work tomorrow

6. Anyone know if this will work on a california special??

7. Bump, I'd like to know this too. It looks like you might be able to modify the honeycomb portion to fit the unique design of the CA Special, especially since it has to be covered anyway. Also, where did you guys get the part from? Dealer?

8. Great write up. Might consider doing it soon. How much does a GT500 splitter cost anways?

9. Should cost about $75 from Ford.

10. Where are you guys getting yours? I just talked with my local Ford dealer and they are asking $143. Did Ford raise the price because everyone is doing this mod? Or is my local Ford dealer charging too much?

11. No issues at all

P4180864_Large_.jpg

12. $139. at my Ford dealer. Where are they getting the $75.00? Jobber price maybe?

13. Saw that on the net, but will ask my parts guy one day...Mine's getting scraped up pretty good and I know I'll need a replacement one day...

14. Any body have the part numbers for the GT500KR Lower Grill w/ bezels and brake ducts. Any info on installs on a GT bumper cover. I have the part number for the lower valance 7R3Z-17626-AB but cant locate the others.

15. lol...........nuff said!

16. Nice! Thanks!

17. Bump... I just did this to mine and it looks ****ing awesome. If you're gonna do it, take note about the cutting it several times to make sure you get it right. I cut mine just once and it's a little jacked if you get down and look at it close.

d629a47a.jpg
    7ce8fbcd.jpg